GSA FTW!!!

Public forum for topics that don't fit into the other categories.
startpoor

GSA FTW!!!

Post by startpoor » 01 Jul 2015, 09:20

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/07/01/gi ... provision/

Girl Scouts of America returned a $100,000 donation from a donor who insisted the money not be used to support transgender girls. After learning about it, GSA supporters raised almost double that amount in no time. This story warms my heart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Happiness (n.) The state of being in compliance with Mormon norms, regardless of one’s actual resulting emotional state

George, Sr.: Faith is a fact. No, faith is a facet. I almost said faith is a fact.

Curt Sunshine
Site Admin

Re: GSA FTW!!!

Post by Curt Sunshine » 01 Jul 2015, 11:06

Good for them.

Everyone, do NOT read the comments. This is a Fox News page, so you can imagine the hateful nature of the comment thread, given the topic.

Seriously, trust me; do not read the comments.
I see through my glass, darkly - as I play my saxophone in harmony with the other instruments in God's orchestra. (h/t Elder Joseph Wirthlin)

Even if people view many things differently, the core Gospel principles (LOVE; belief in the unseen but hoped; self-reflective change; symbolic cleansing; striving to recognize the will of the divine; never giving up) are universal.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken

startpoor

Post by startpoor » 01 Jul 2015, 11:33

Lol, should've posted a different source. The article itself is neutral though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Happiness (n.) The state of being in compliance with Mormon norms, regardless of one’s actual resulting emotional state

George, Sr.: Faith is a fact. No, faith is a facet. I almost said faith is a fact.

hawkgrrrl
Site Admin

Post by hawkgrrrl » 01 Jul 2015, 12:08

Great headline, and thanks for the warning, Ray. I don't want an eczema flare up.