new Institute manual - BCC post and comments

Public forum for topics that don't fit into the other categories.
Ann

new Institute manual - BCC post and comments

Post by Ann » 25 Jun 2015, 11:28

This was interesting, especially the comments. I'm disappointed that the first attempt at updated curriculum is so lacking, but David Bokovoy's training for teachers sounds great.

http://bycommonconsent.com/2015/06/24/d ... undations/
"Preachers err by trying to talk people into belief; better they reveal the radiance of their own discovery." - Joseph Campbell

"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes." - Marcel Proust

"Therefore they said unto him, How were thine eyes opened? He answered and said unto them, A man that is called Jesus made clay, and anointed my eyes...." - John 9:10-11

startpoor

Re: new Institute manual - BCC post and comments

Post by startpoor » 26 Jun 2015, 10:33

Can't believe the church allowed Bokovoy to do that. I hope it spreads. Though I can't imagine they would make it much further in their careers with that info. If they do, we may have a respectful curriculum someday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Happiness (n.) The state of being in compliance with Mormon norms, regardless of one’s actual resulting emotional state

George, Sr.: Faith is a fact. No, faith is a facet. I almost said faith is a fact.

Ann

Re: new Institute manual - BCC post and comments

Post by Ann » 26 Jun 2015, 17:33

And with someone like Ardis P. (in the comments) smoothing the way and helping people not feel threatened - :clap:
"Preachers err by trying to talk people into belief; better they reveal the radiance of their own discovery." - Joseph Campbell

"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes." - Marcel Proust

"Therefore they said unto him, How were thine eyes opened? He answered and said unto them, A man that is called Jesus made clay, and anointed my eyes...." - John 9:10-11