Funny, small-town Utah

Public forum for topics that don't fit into the other categories.
nibbler

Re: Funny, small-town Utah

Post by nibbler » 14 Feb 2015, 11:35

Don't they have radio stations in Utah that you can tune to that play the audio version of the Book of Mormon? :P You'll know it's time to turn the page when Nephi thumps his chest like this <thump>. :angel:

I'd like to put up a link but the link won't stay around forever, check out ebay. The best "deal" I found was a BoM, D&C, and OT cassette sets all for only $29.99.

I don't know if this can be classified as funny or painful but DW just introduced me to the Mormon Rap that she remembers from her youth. :sick:
If one dream dies, dream another dream. If you get knocked down, get back up and go again.
― Joel Osteen

Holy Cow

Post by Holy Cow » 15 Feb 2015, 23:00

Ha ha!!! That was hilarious! I had no idea there was a Mormon rap! Not sure if I'm better off knowing about it. :lol:
My introduction: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6139

LookingHard

Post by LookingHard » 16 Feb 2015, 05:59

Holy Cow wrote:Ha ha!!! That was hilarious! I had no idea there was a Mormon rap! Not sure if I'm better off knowing about it. :lol:
Yep - more like Celestial Rap (think of the abbreviation) :-)

Gerald

Post by Gerald » 16 Feb 2015, 06:24

I don't know if this can be classified as funny or painful but DW just introduced me to the Mormon Rap that she remembers from her youth. :sick:
Somewhere in my piles of childhood junk, I have a cassette tape of Mormon Rap that I (gulp) bought after hearing it played on the local radio station of my predominantly Mormon town. :oops:
So through the dusk of dead, blank-legended And unremunerative years we search to get where life begins, and still we groan because we do not find the living spark where no spark ever was; and thus we die, still searching, like poor old astronomers who totter off to bed and go to sleep, to dream of untriangulated stars.
---Edwin Arlington Robinson---

SamBee

Post by SamBee » 16 Feb 2015, 13:06

My last car had a cassette deck, and it was easier to play MP3 etc on it via a jack - my current car has no port on it.

Personally always found tapes more practical than CDs when changing them. CDs scratch and screw up if they land on the floor.

MP3 etc can be fiddly.
DASH1730 "An Area Authority...[was] asked...who...would go to the Telestial kingdom. His answer: "murderers, adulterers and a lot of surprised Mormons!"'
1ST PRES 1978 "[LDS] believe...there is truth in many religions and philosophies...good and great religious leaders... have raised the spiritual, moral, and ethical awareness of their people. When we speak of The [LDS] as the only true church...it is...authorized to administer the ordinances...by Jesus Christ... we do not mean... it is the only teacher of truth."

NightSG

Post by NightSG » 16 Feb 2015, 14:21

SamBee wrote:Personally always found tapes more practical than CDs when changing them. CDs scratch and screw up if they land on the floor.
MP3 via flash drive for the win. My current JVC stereo was under $100 and I'm not sure I've ever actually put a CD in it. CD players tend to get clogged up with dust from the dirt roads and driveways around here anyway. A 16G ultra-tiny flash drive from Staples holds more music than I can listen to in 4-5 days for under $30 and makes it easy to add and rearrange on the computer without any special software or card reader.

Awakening

Post by Awakening » 17 Feb 2015, 12:33

Sooooo Funny! Thanks for the laugh! :lol: :lol:

Perhaps the poster should have tried "Facebook"! The way clips are passed around that website, they would probably have their tapes back by now!

SamBee

Post by SamBee » 20 Feb 2015, 08:59

Yeah, I've got MP3 and friends have iPods... the joke is that I could hook them up to the cassette player in my last two cars (via a modified tape thingy), but I can't actually hook either up to my CD player in my current one. Nuts or what?
DASH1730 "An Area Authority...[was] asked...who...would go to the Telestial kingdom. His answer: "murderers, adulterers and a lot of surprised Mormons!"'
1ST PRES 1978 "[LDS] believe...there is truth in many religions and philosophies...good and great religious leaders... have raised the spiritual, moral, and ethical awareness of their people. When we speak of The [LDS] as the only true church...it is...authorized to administer the ordinances...by Jesus Christ... we do not mean... it is the only teacher of truth."

Cadence

Post by Cadence » 21 Feb 2015, 17:38

I bet is was the same guy that stole my collection of 8 trac tapes 37 years ago. Still bummed about that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Faith, as well intentioned as it may be, must be built on facts, not fiction--faith in fiction is a damnable false hope. Thomas A. Edison

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” Neil deGrasse Tyson

Heber13

Post by Heber13 » 21 Feb 2015, 20:58

Cadence wrote:I bet is was the same guy that stole my collection of 8 trac tapes 37 years ago. Still bummed about that
You had the Book of Mormon on 8-track?
Luke: "Why didn't you tell me? You told me Vader betrayed and murdered my father."
Obi-Wan: "Your father... was seduced by the dark side of the Force. He ceased to be Anakin Skywalker and became Darth Vader. When that happened, the good man who was your father was destroyed. So what I told you was true... from a certain point of view."
Luke: "A certain point of view?"
Obi-Wan: "Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to...depend greatly on our point of view."