Denver Snuffer Update

Public forum for topics that don't fit into the other categories.
church0333

Re: Denver Snuffer Update

Post by church0333 » 15 Sep 2014, 22:03

I haven't been posting much lately but it is good to see the friendly banter between a couple of my friends. It is why I keep coming back. I think Denver is a little crazy and haven't read much about him. If he is a strict follower of JS and what he taught then I am not that interested.

SamBee

Post by SamBee » 17 Sep 2014, 10:32

Denver Sniffer?

If I put a name like that in a novel, people would think it was obviously made up... you Americans!
DASH1730 "An Area Authority...[was] asked...who...would go to the Telestial kingdom. His answer: "murderers, adulterers and a lot of surprised Mormons!"'
1ST PRES 1978 "[LDS] believe...there is truth in many religions and philosophies...good and great religious leaders... have raised the spiritual, moral, and ethical awareness of their people. When we speak of The [LDS] as the only true church...it is...authorized to administer the ordinances...by Jesus Christ... we do not mean... it is the only teacher of truth."

nibbler

Post by nibbler » 17 Sep 2014, 12:35

You mean to tell me that you don't have someone over there named Liverpool Plonker?

SamBee

Post by SamBee » 19 Sep 2014, 03:16

I'm not from England, but the way people voted yesterday, we might as well be.
DASH1730 "An Area Authority...[was] asked...who...would go to the Telestial kingdom. His answer: "murderers, adulterers and a lot of surprised Mormons!"'
1ST PRES 1978 "[LDS] believe...there is truth in many religions and philosophies...good and great religious leaders... have raised the spiritual, moral, and ethical awareness of their people. When we speak of The [LDS] as the only true church...it is...authorized to administer the ordinances...by Jesus Christ... we do not mean... it is the only teacher of truth."

Heber13

Post by Heber13 » 19 Sep 2014, 13:49

I like Sam's signature line:
It could be possible Denver Snuffer has something important to say, and although a heretic and apostate against the church, could challenge our thinking and faith to help us understand things better.

I haven't read his books. I'm just being hypothetical. The only way I can figure out how to find truth is Moroni 10, as I was taught.
Luke: "Why didn't you tell me? You told me Vader betrayed and murdered my father."
Obi-Wan: "Your father... was seduced by the dark side of the Force. He ceased to be Anakin Skywalker and became Darth Vader. When that happened, the good man who was your father was destroyed. So what I told you was true... from a certain point of view."
Luke: "A certain point of view?"
Obi-Wan: "Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to...depend greatly on our point of view."