Denver Snuffer Update

Public forum for topics that don't fit into the other categories.
Curt Sunshine
Site Admin

Re: Denver Snuffer Update

Post by Curt Sunshine » 13 Sep 2014, 16:32

Yeah, cwald, the irony is strong. :P
I see through my glass, darkly - as I play my saxophone in harmony with the other instruments in God's orchestra. (h/t Elder Joseph Wirthlin)

Even if people view many things differently, the core Gospel principles (LOVE; belief in the unseen but hoped; self-reflective change; symbolic cleansing; striving to recognize the will of the divine; never giving up) are universal.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken

Cadence

Post by Cadence » 13 Sep 2014, 18:53

Nut job!!!
Faith, as well intentioned as it may be, must be built on facts, not fiction--faith in fiction is a damnable false hope. Thomas A. Edison

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” Neil deGrasse Tyson

cwald

Post by cwald » 13 Sep 2014, 19:32

Cadence wrote:Nut job!!!
Are you referring to Snuffer? Joseph Smith? Or all the faithful LDS members who criticize Snuffer, yet idolize and give Smith a free pass?
  Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn't participate enthusiastically. - Robert Kirby

Roy

Post by Roy » 14 Sep 2014, 07:17

cwald wrote:
Cadence wrote:Nut job!!!
Are you referring to Snuffer? Joseph Smith? Or all the faithful LDS members who criticize Snuffer, yet idolize and give Smith a free pass?
or perhaps the movie that my kids keep asking for me to rent from redbox?
"It is not so much the pain and suffering of life which crushes the individual as it is its meaninglessness and hopelessness." C. A. Elwood

“It is not the function of religion to answer all the questions about God’s moral government of the universe, but to give one courage, through faith, to go on in the face of questions he never finds the answer to in his present status.” TPC: Harold B. Lee 223

"I struggle now with establishing my faith that God may always be there, but may not always need to intervene" Heber13

Sheldon

Post by Sheldon » 14 Sep 2014, 09:26

As of this morning, my friend Tim Malone resigned from the LDS church I'm going to miss our conversations at Stake meetings.

Curt Sunshine
Site Admin

Post by Curt Sunshine » 14 Sep 2014, 13:11

I will miss Tim. I told him early on what the result would be for him if he continued to follow Denver Snuffer (and where Snuffer was headed and what he would do) - and Tim told me I was wrong on all accounts.

It doesn't help one bit to know I was right and Tim was wrong. Not. One. Bit. I'm just really sad for him and for what I know will happen in the end.
I see through my glass, darkly - as I play my saxophone in harmony with the other instruments in God's orchestra. (h/t Elder Joseph Wirthlin)

Even if people view many things differently, the core Gospel principles (LOVE; belief in the unseen but hoped; self-reflective change; symbolic cleansing; striving to recognize the will of the divine; never giving up) are universal.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken

cwald

Post by cwald » 14 Sep 2014, 20:47

Ray DeGraw wrote:I will miss Tim. I told him early on what the result would be for him if he continued to follow Denver Snuffer (and where Snuffer was headed and what he would do) - and Tim told me I was wrong on all accounts.

It doesn't help one bit to know I was right and Tim was wrong. Not. One. Bit. I'm just really sad for him and for what I know will happen in the end.
Ray, did you read Tim's blog post. ... linked by Sheldon? He states that he "never has been, nor will never be, a Snuffer follower."

I'm just curious about your latest post. Obviously you know the feller. Do you dismiss and simply not believe him when he says this about his reasons for leaving? Or do you believe he is be is being disingenuous?

What does it mean to be a "Denver follower?"
  Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn't participate enthusiastically. - Robert Kirby

Curt Sunshine
Site Admin

Post by Curt Sunshine » 14 Sep 2014, 21:02

He is a friend. I neither dismiss him nor believe he is lying. He is a good, sincere man - and I have told him I respect his right to worship according to the dictates of his own conscience. I have told him I hope and pray he continues to feel God's presence in his life. I was confident I knew how this would end, but that doesn't change a single thing about how I feel about a very good man.

I also have not called him a follower of Denver Snuffer in any comment in this thread.

Finally, I have told him certain things that are nobody's business but his and mine. I've shared all I am comfortable sharing about our conversations here. This will be my last comment about it.

cwald

Post by cwald » 14 Sep 2014, 22:16

"I also have not called him a follower of Denver Snuffer in any comment in this thread."

Hmmm? I don't think so. Ray. I think you did say he was following Denver in this thread.
Ray DeGraw wrote:I will miss Tim. I told him early on what the result would be for him if he continued to follow Denver Snuffer.
What am I missing?

I'm just confused what you are saying.
Last edited by Anonymous on 14 Sep 2014, 22:58, edited 2 times in total.

cwald

Post by cwald » 14 Sep 2014, 22:19

Ray DeGraw wrote:
I also have not called him a follower of Denver Snuffer in any comment in this thread.
Why did Tim resign from the church?

I'm not asking ray. I'm asking stayLdS.

PS. I'm thinking about resigning. I'm looking for opinions of how mormon family members would interpret that action...why I would resign.