My Rant - cleaning the building

Public forum for topics that don't fit into the other categories.
Ann

Re: My Rant - cleaning the building

Post by Ann » 16 May 2014, 12:11

Fwiw, I don't feel the church's decision to have members clean is loaded with meaning. Some households on our street mow their own grass, others pay to have it mowed. But I would get ticked off if the burden wasn't being shared equally - like in Oneofmany's experience - OR if they were making connections that I think are ridiculous: Ann, if you really love the Lord, you will clean this Saturday.
"Preachers err by trying to talk people into belief; better they reveal the radiance of their own discovery." - Joseph Campbell

"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes." - Marcel Proust

"Therefore they said unto him, How were thine eyes opened? He answered and said unto them, A man that is called Jesus made clay, and anointed my eyes...." - John 9:10-11

Oneofmany

Re: My Rant - cleaning the building

Post by Oneofmany » 17 May 2014, 23:08

Thank you all for your thoughts on this subject. I honestly wasn't expecting much from my post as I stated it as a rant on my part but I really do appreciate the time (service) that you have given in your responses. You have given me some things to think about.