Lessons from the Wife of a Good Man Gone

Public forum for topics that don't fit into the other categories.
Roy

Re: Lessons from the Wife of a Good Man Gone

Post by Roy » 07 Feb 2018, 15:57

AmyJ wrote:
07 Feb 2018, 12:06
I have hope that God is willing to put me on a "hug time-out" and be with me until I am ready to listen when I get de-regulated spiritually, emotionally or mentally due to the buffetings of mortality.
I love how you put this. I do not want a God that will show me eternity and tell me that all of my fears, struggles, and sorrows were silly in the grand scheme of things. I want a God that will hold me and perhaps share a few tears Himself - that will validate the reality and my experience and my pain before expanding my understanding.

Sometimes we just need a "hug time-out".
"It is not so much the pain and suffering of life which crushes the individual as it is its meaninglessness and hopelessness." C. A. Elwood

“It is not the function of religion to answer all the questions about God’s moral government of the universe, but to give one courage, through faith, to go on in the face of questions he never finds the answer to in his present status.” TPC: Harold B. Lee 223

"I struggle now with establishing my faith that God may always be there, but may not always need to intervene" Heber13

Curt Sunshine
Site Admin

Post by Curt Sunshine » 07 Feb 2018, 21:28

I love the Givenses' "The God Who Weeps". They focus on a different reason for weeping, but I just love the idea of a God who cries.
I see through my glass, darkly - as I play my saxophone in harmony with the other instruments in God's orchestra. (h/t Elder Joseph Wirthlin)

Even if people view many things differently, the core Gospel principles (LOVE; belief in the unseen but hoped; self-reflective change; symbolic cleansing; striving to recognize the will of the divine; never giving up) are universal.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken

Shades of Grey

Post by Shades of Grey » 09 Feb 2018, 03:55

So glad this thread was bumped up this many years later. I don't post often, but this was just too true and touching not to say, Thank You from the deepest part of my heart, Curt Sunshine. Maybe we will get a Smashburger together again someday.
Everybody can be great. Because anybody can serve. You don't have to have a college degree to serve. ...You don't have to know the second theory of thermodynamics in physics to serve. You only need a heart full of grace. A soul generated by love. ~Martin Luther King Jr.

“You have to carry the fire."I don't know how to."Yes, you do."Is the fire real? The fire? "Yes it is."Where is it? I don't know where it is." Yes you do. It's inside you. It always was there. I can see it.”― Cormac McCarthy, The Road