Public forum for topics that don't fit into the other categories.
Brian Johnston
Site Admin

Post by Brian Johnston » 07 Apr 2009, 15:22

I think the links to existing avatars got broken when the site was transferred to a different server. I re-uploaded mine. If you don't see a picture in the square for your avatar, you probably need to do the same.
"It's strange to be here. The mystery never leaves you alone." -John O'Donohue, Anam Cara, speaking of experiencing life.

Curt Sunshine
Site Admin

Re: Avatars

Post by Curt Sunshine » 07 Apr 2009, 19:12

Let's see if mine worked.

Cool. She's 6 - going on 18. (and standing on a box to reach the stove top)
I see through my glass, darkly - as I play my saxophone in harmony with the other instruments in God's orchestra. (h/t Elder Joseph Wirthlin)

Even if people view many things differently, the core Gospel principles (LOVE; belief in the unseen but hoped; self-reflective change; symbolic cleansing; striving to recognize the will of the divine; never giving up) are universal.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken

Tom Haws

Post by Tom Haws » 08 Apr 2009, 09:40

I tread lightly here, but perhaps it would be better to turn off avatars. From my experience at the NOM boards, I know they can sometimes get hard to "moderate". It might be best to start right off without them.
Tom (aka Justin Martyr/Justin Morning/Jacob Marley/Kupord Maizzed)
Higley and Guadalupe
Gilbert, Arizona
----
Sure, any religion would do. But I'm LDS.
"There are no academic issues. Everything is emotional to somebody." Ray Degraw at www.StayLDS.com

Brian Johnston
Site Admin

Post by Brian Johnston » 09 Apr 2009, 07:10

I think the visual images helps connect people and personalities in this anonymous online world. Don't worry too much about moderation on avatar images. We have no problem policing things that are not appropriate.
"It's strange to be here. The mystery never leaves you alone." -John O'Donohue, Anam Cara, speaking of experiencing life.

Tom Haws

Post by Tom Haws » 09 Apr 2009, 07:16

:-)
Tom (aka Justin Martyr/Justin Morning/Jacob Marley/Kupord Maizzed)
Higley and Guadalupe
Gilbert, Arizona
----
Sure, any religion would do. But I'm LDS.
"There are no academic issues. Everything is emotional to somebody." Ray Degraw at www.StayLDS.com

Curt Sunshine
Site Admin

Post by Curt Sunshine » 09 Apr 2009, 14:30

Yeah, if Hawkgrrrl's avatar cleavage was a bit more pronounced . . . :shock:
I see through my glass, darkly - as I play my saxophone in harmony with the other instruments in God's orchestra. (h/t Elder Joseph Wirthlin)

Even if people view many things differently, the core Gospel principles (LOVE; belief in the unseen but hoped; self-reflective change; symbolic cleansing; striving to recognize the will of the divine; never giving up) are universal.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken

hawkgrrrl
Site Admin

Post by hawkgrrrl » 09 Apr 2009, 15:44

Hey, if you've got it, flaunt it. If you don't, find an avatar that does!

Curt Sunshine
Site Admin

Post by Curt Sunshine » 09 Apr 2009, 16:01

That's my problem. I've got it. :cry:

Brian Johnston
Site Admin

Post by Brian Johnston » 09 Apr 2009, 16:17

:shock: Ray... what are we going to do with you?

Curt Sunshine
Site Admin

Post by Curt Sunshine » 09 Apr 2009, 18:38

Pray that I keep my avatar the way it is?