Joke of the Day

Public forum for topics that don't fit into the other categories.
nibbler

Re: Joke of the Day

Post by nibbler » 03 May 2019, 05:30

If one dream dies, dream another dream. If you get knocked down, get back up and go again.
― Joel Osteen

thegreythinker

Post by thegreythinker » 03 May 2019, 13:47

mormon-memes1.png
mormon-memes1.png (133.84 KiB) Viewed 136 times

thegreythinker

Post by thegreythinker » 03 May 2019, 13:48

meme1.jpg
meme1.jpg (127.44 KiB) Viewed 136 times

Daughter1

Post by Daughter1 » 05 May 2019, 08:46

One from my grandpa.

In his ward, a few years prior to him telling me this story, they had an excellent music conductor. Her name was Hope and her family had been in the ward for many years. She knew everyone and loved everyone. She was constantly happy and friendly. When she and her husband moved back into the ward she had grown up in, everyone was happy to see her again, and she was called to lead the music. Soon, as is the way of things, especially in Utah, she became pregnant with their first child. She continued to lead the music cheerfully every week as the delivery date neared.

One Sunday, only a week or so before the baby was due, the whole ward burst out laughing in the middle of a song. She continued to conduct, her grin only growing bigger.

The hymn was "We Thank Thee, O God, for a Prophet" and no one missed the line "There is Hope smiling brightly before us, and we know that deliverance is nigh."
I don't think there could ever be just one single philosophy or one single religion. Since there are so many different types of people, with a range of tendencies and inclinations, it is quite fitting that there are differences between religions. And the fact that there are so many different descriptions of the religious path shows how rich religion is. - HH the XIV Dalai Lama