Is Chile Earthquake a Sign?

Public forum for topics that don't fit into the other categories.

Is the Chile Earthquake a Sign of the Last Days Approaching?

Don't Care
Total votes: 17

Tom Haws

Re: Is Chile Earthquake a Sign?

Post by Tom Haws » 07 Mar 2010, 11:42

What Brian said. Oh, and I voted yes. So I guess Brian can have half of my yes vote if he will give me half of his no vote.

Mmm. Hmm. Some original thoughts? OK, I think all of life is a sign. We go through life "as a dream" far too readily. Earthquakes, all disasters, vacations, births, and deaths are all signs to us to awaken us from our sleep and really live!

I continue to agree with Brother McConkie that, for the faithful, the Second Coming of Christ is always within their lifetime. To me, that's a potentially powerful thought to ponder.
Tom (aka Justin Martyr/Justin Morning/Jacob Marley/Kupord Maizzed)
Higley and Guadalupe
Gilbert, Arizona
Sure, any religion would do. But I'm LDS.
"There are no academic issues. Everything is emotional to somebody." Ray Degraw at

Curt Sunshine
Site Admin

Re: Is Chile Earthquake a Sign?

Post by Curt Sunshine » 07 Mar 2010, 14:06

Fwiw, I love the following thought:
I try to live so that I may be the second coming of the Lord for someone else.
I see through my glass, darkly - as I play my saxophone in harmony with the other instruments in God's orchestra. (h/t Elder Joseph Wirthlin)

Even if people view many things differently, the core Gospel principles (LOVE; belief in the unseen but hoped; self-reflective change; symbolic cleansing; striving to recognize the will of the divine; never giving up) are universal.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken