Is Chile Earthquake a Sign?

Public forum for topics that don't fit into the other categories.

Is the Chile Earthquake a Sign of the Last Days Approaching?

Yes
12%
No
65%
Don't Care
24%

Total votes: 17

Tom Haws

Re: Is Chile Earthquake a Sign?

Post by Tom Haws » 07 Mar 2010, 11:42

What Brian said. Oh, and I voted yes. So I guess Brian can have half of my yes vote if he will give me half of his no vote.

Mmm. Hmm. Some original thoughts? OK, I think all of life is a sign. We go through life "as a dream" far too readily. Earthquakes, all disasters, vacations, births, and deaths are all signs to us to awaken us from our sleep and really live!

I continue to agree with Brother McConkie that, for the faithful, the Second Coming of Christ is always within their lifetime. To me, that's a potentially powerful thought to ponder.
Tom (aka Justin Martyr/Justin Morning/Jacob Marley/Kupord Maizzed)
Higley and Guadalupe
Gilbert, Arizona
----
Sure, any religion would do. But I'm LDS.
"There are no academic issues. Everything is emotional to somebody." Ray Degraw at www.StayLDS.com

Curt Sunshine
Site Admin

Re: Is Chile Earthquake a Sign?

Post by Curt Sunshine » 07 Mar 2010, 14:06

Fwiw, I love the following thought:
I try to live so that I may be the second coming of the Lord for someone else.
I see through my glass, darkly - as I play my saxophone in harmony with the other instruments in God's orchestra. (h/t Elder Joseph Wirthlin)

Even if people view many things differently, the core Gospel principles (LOVE; belief in the unseen but hoped; self-reflective change; symbolic cleansing; striving to recognize the will of the divine; never giving up) are universal.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken