Pages of the Sacred Book

Public forum for topics that don't fit into the other categories.
Morzen

Pages of the Sacred Book

Post by Morzen » 17 Feb 2010, 17:43

I came across this comment today and I just wanted to share it.

The comment was made by Pir-o-Murshid Inayat Khan, a Sufi practitioner who basically said that a keen observation of life eventually awakens us to the fact that once light, or 'the light,' is thrown upon life, life begins to reveal itself. And then he quotes the Persian poet, Sa’adi, "Even the leaves of the tree become as pages of the sacred book once the eyes of the heart are open."

So beautiful.

"Even the leaves of the tree become as pages of the sacred book once the eyes of the heart are open."

I must commit this quote to memory and be ever mindful of its truth.

Curt Sunshine
Site Admin

Re: Pages of the Sacred Book

Post by Curt Sunshine » 17 Feb 2010, 21:14

I like it.

Kind of like, "All things denote that there is a God" - since those words, parsed only for what they say ;) don't restrict those who see all things in any way with regard to how they construct their view of God.
I see through my glass, darkly - as I play my saxophone in harmony with the other instruments in God's orchestra. (h/t Elder Joseph Wirthlin)

Even if people view many things differently, the core Gospel principles (LOVE; belief in the unseen but hoped; self-reflective change; symbolic cleansing; striving to recognize the will of the divine; never giving up) are universal.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken

Brian Johnston
Site Admin

Post by Brian Johnston » 17 Feb 2010, 22:26

Love it Morzen! Thanks for sharing that yummy bite of God.

I've been inspired by Sufi thought the past year, the love of life around us. I like how they talked about the eyes of the heart.
"It's strange to be here. The mystery never leaves you alone." -John O'Donohue, Anam Cara, speaking of experiencing life.

Morzen

Post by Morzen » 18 Feb 2010, 05:21

Thank you for appreciating what I wanted to share. It makes a difference.

It prompted a thought:

Sharing what little there is on my table is not the essence of that which is lacking, but the abundance of its potential to bring us to the table, which then becomes our table laden with sufficiency to sustain us.