Happy.

Public forum for topics that don't fit into the other categories.
LaLaLove

Happy.

Post by LaLaLove » 01 Feb 2010, 12:17

I just wanted to say that I am so grateful that I found this sight a little over a year ago.
I encourage people to go back and look at your introductions (if you have been here for a while) and look at the differences in your life and your beliefs.
Hopefully some of you will find that you are more at peace now than you were when you first began this "journey".

Yesterday I had a wonderful thought-I'm not struggling. There is nothing wrong with me, I don't need to be fixed, I am not struggling or confused .... It's not that I'm not ready, or will ever be available to be ready (to recieve the gospel or church) ... I'm not broken.

I'm absolutely normal and I am happy ... and I'm certainly not struggling!

Now I just need to learn how to not take personal offense when there is somone who "thinks" I'm in some lonely, confused, struggling state!

Tom Haws

Re: Happy.

Post by Tom Haws » 01 Feb 2010, 13:13

Tee hee hee. Great message. Yeah. We still have room to grow.
Tom (aka Justin Martyr/Justin Morning/Jacob Marley/Kupord Maizzed)
Higley and Guadalupe
Gilbert, Arizona
----
Sure, any religion would do. But I'm LDS.
"There are no academic issues. Everything is emotional to somebody." Ray Degraw at www.StayLDS.com

Curt Sunshine
Site Admin

Post by Curt Sunshine » 01 Feb 2010, 13:43

Thanks for sharing that. It's really neat to read.
I see through my glass, darkly - as I play my saxophone in harmony with the other instruments in God's orchestra. (h/t Elder Joseph Wirthlin)

Even if people view many things differently, the core Gospel principles (LOVE; belief in the unseen but hoped; self-reflective change; symbolic cleansing; striving to recognize the will of the divine; never giving up) are universal.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken

Heber13

Post by Heber13 » 01 Feb 2010, 17:23

LaLaLove wrote:There is nothing wrong with me, I don't need to be fixed, I am not struggling or confused .... It's not that I'm not ready, or will ever be available to be ready (to recieve the gospel or church) ... I'm not broken.

What an inspiring message! I find this is the most rewarding part of this site, reading others' experiences.

I'm soooo happy for you LaLa. Thanks for your example! :)
Luke: "Why didn't you tell me? You told me Vader betrayed and murdered my father."
Obi-Wan: "Your father... was seduced by the dark side of the Force. He ceased to be Anakin Skywalker and became Darth Vader. When that happened, the good man who was your father was destroyed. So what I told you was true... from a certain point of view."
Luke: "A certain point of view?"
Obi-Wan: "Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to...depend greatly on our point of view."

swimordie

Post by swimordie » 02 Feb 2010, 00:37

I couldn't agree more, lala!! Thank you for your participation too, it's been fabulous!!
Perfectionism hasn't served me. I think I am done with it. -Poppyseed

Brian Johnston
Site Admin

Post by Brian Johnston » 02 Feb 2010, 06:12

Thanks for sharing that insight LaLaLove. That is a powerful realization to make, to truly internalize that sense that you are "ok." You just are how you are, and you are going to be fine. That is a great place from which to explore the world and go on adventures.
"It's strange to be here. The mystery never leaves you alone." -John O'Donohue, Anam Cara, speaking of experiencing life.

Porter Rockwell

Post by Porter Rockwell » 04 Feb 2010, 13:15

Great to hear!! I hope I reach that state, but right now I'm still a struggler. Or maybe not so much struggling, I'm actually much more at peace than I used to be, but I'm still in the process of sorting out my beliefs - just don't know what to believe anymore. But I'm not so worried about it as I used to be, I'll take my time. I feel that as long as I'm not trying to deceive myself, and try to be honest before God, then I'm ok.

It feels pretty good (most of the time) to leave the conformity/community belief, and find/own your own belief.

LaLaLove

Post by LaLaLove » 04 Feb 2010, 15:17

Thanks all. It really was a kind of "duh" moment for me. Like why didn't I realize this months ago?! Easy to say now ... after worrying and being confused for a little over a year. The waiting was obviously needed. I really feel for people just starting on this path .... It is hard but the wait is well worth it ... coming out on the other side with eyes wide open. If you ever make it ... "It" being peace I guess or even being able to trust yourself/feelings etc. Best feeling .. spiritually I've felt in a long time. Porter - You will ... but it takes time .. guess everything isn't suppose to be easy - even this .... Who would have thought?!

Rix

Post by Rix » 04 Feb 2010, 15:36

So cool, LLL! I have a personal mantra that fits me today:

"I don't "know," but that's okay."

;)
Überzeugungen sind oft die gefährlichsten Feinde der Wahrheit.
[Certainty (that one is correct) is often the most dangerous enemy of the
truth.] - Friedrich Nietzsche

God is a metaphor for that which transcends all levels of intellectual thought. It's as simple as that. -- Joseph Campbell

inbeing

Post by inbeing » 04 Feb 2010, 20:03

LaLaLove wrote:Yesterday I had a wonderful thought-I'm not struggling. There is nothing wrong with me, I don't need to be fixed, I am not struggling or confused .... It's not that I'm not ready, or will ever be available to be ready (to recieve the gospel or church) ... I'm not broken.

Now I just need to learn how to not take personal offense when there is somone who "thinks" I'm in some lonely, confused, struggling state!
I love this, it is perfect. My wife has told me several times in the last couple weeks that some of her/our friends who know about my journey have asked her about my status and have expressed concern or sorrow about it. I know these people are sincere and there was a time when that may have been exactly how I felt, but life is so much better now. But now I just have to laugh! My motives for doing everything are on a higher plane because I am at absolute choice and accountability only to myself. Hanging in there, not needing all the answers, being free to think and feel for myself is such an empowering place to be. Porter, your patience will pay off as you proceed with love. LLL, thanks for sharing your joy today!