What's the holdup?

Public forum for topics that don't fit into the other categories.
Roadrunner

Re: What's the holdup?

Post by Roadrunner » 13 Jan 2018, 19:24

Heber13 wrote:
12 Jan 2018, 20:31
RR...when you think back over the last 10 yrs since Hinckley passed...do you feel like much changed?

I'm wondering if much changes on the outside, or if we become cynical on the inside and don't think much changes. I think I'm thinking along similar lines as you regarding outlook on this change.
Hi Heber,
Not much has really changed and I guess that's why I'm disappointed. In my opinion we could change for the better. I've changed - as they say "it's not you, it's me." It's a daily battle for me - to try to stay faithful and not let the cynicism take over.

Heber13

Post by Heber13 » 13 Jan 2018, 19:49

Roadrunner wrote:
13 Jan 2018, 19:24
It's a daily battle
you win some and and some days don't but sometimes you live another day to try again...I feel more on the cynicism side as of late.
Luke: "Why didn't you tell me? You told me Vader betrayed and murdered my father."
Obi-Wan: "Your father... was seduced by the dark side of the Force. He ceased to be Anakin Skywalker and became Darth Vader. When that happened, the good man who was your father was destroyed. So what I told you was true... from a certain point of view."
Luke: "A certain point of view?"
Obi-Wan: "Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to...depend greatly on our point of view."

Heber13

Post by Heber13 » 13 Jan 2018, 20:10

Tuesday is the announcement.

I was sent a special invitation directly to my registered email in lds.org.

I feel special.
Luke: "Why didn't you tell me? You told me Vader betrayed and murdered my father."
Obi-Wan: "Your father... was seduced by the dark side of the Force. He ceased to be Anakin Skywalker and became Darth Vader. When that happened, the good man who was your father was destroyed. So what I told you was true... from a certain point of view."
Obi-Wan: "Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to...depend greatly on our point of view."

mom3

Post by mom3 » 13 Jan 2018, 20:38

Tuesday is the announcement.

I was sent a special invitation directly to my registered email in lds.org.

I feel special.
You are lucky. So glad I know you. ;).
"I stayed because it was God and Jesus Christ that I wanted to follow and be like, not individual human beings." Chieko Okazaki Dialogue interview

"I am coming to envision a new persona for the Church as humble followers of Jesus Christ....Joseph and his early followers came forth with lots of triumphalist rhetoric, but I think we need a new voice, one of humility, friendship and service. We should teach people to believe in God because it will soften their hearts and make them more willing to serve." - Richard Bushman

Curt Sunshine
Site Admin

Post by Curt Sunshine » 13 Jan 2018, 21:31

Heber, they want you to hear it when they call you as the new apostle. :wave:
I see through my glass, darkly - as I play my saxophone in harmony with the other instruments in God's orchestra. (h/t Elder Joseph Wirthlin)

Even if people view many things differently, the core Gospel principles (LOVE; belief in the unseen but hoped; self-reflective change; symbolic cleansing; striving to recognize the will of the divine; never giving up) are universal.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken

Heber13

Post by Heber13 » 13 Jan 2018, 21:54

Haha... wouldn't that be a kick in the pants. I don't watch much live TV these days. I will likely be on the ski slopes but have my DVR set to record. I'll get around to it eventually. Maybe I will try to watch it from my phone on the slopes????? If any of you are fasting that day...please also pray for good snow :)