What to carry with me

Public forum, tell us about yourself and what brings you to StayLDS!
Minyan Man

Re: What to carry with me

Post by Minyan Man » 07 Apr 2019, 20:27

Welcome Daughter1, it is always good to have new people join the group & to read their perspective on life.
Currently my belief is: this life & my existence is a school that prepares me for where I go next. It isn't going to
be easy all the time. And it isn't always clear what we should do or believe. I try to focus more on Jesus Christ
& leave everything else. Thanks for joining. Keep coming back.

desertghost93

Re: What to carry with me

Post by desertghost93 » 04 Nov 2019, 21:11

Daughter1 wrote:
05 Apr 2019, 11:04
Hi,
I've been lurking here for a little while after my mom encouraged me to look over the site. After my Dad left the church over a decade ago, I have spent time renegotiating how I relate to the church. In full faith, about 18 months ago I took up the honestly-getting-old-and-meaningless challenge to read the entire Book of Mormon. I took it very seriously. I journaled the entire experience. I began my daily reading with a prayer and with Moroni's promise. As I read, I became more and more desperate to receive the witness it was true. I kept getting more desperate because as I read, I became more and more certain that the LDS church is missing the point of the BoM. By the end of my experiment, I realized that more than ever before, I am confident that the LDS church does not hold the corner on truth.
Now I'm just trying to figure out what this means for my life. What parts are true? Which are important for me and my relationship with God? What does my life look like now? I'm not angry. I'm not even very sad most days. But I'm confused, lost, and very tired. And I'm here to discover who I am without the role I was raised to.
It is my opinion that the Church like every other church on this planet has it's flaws. It is not perfect. However, what my Mom always taught me is the only thing that matters is your relationship with Christ.I would try focusing on this more verses how you feel about the Church. I'm not trying to dismiss this idea, I'm just trying to drive home that is something you should not feel guilty about. Just know that there are resources for you within the church to help this. And, if those resources are doing their calling right, they will help you with your relationship with Christ.
You can’t base your knowledge of a church off-broadway plays and the media, or even comments from church members because there are millions of them and they are all different and have different opinions, just like everybody else in this world.