Hello.

Public forum, tell us about yourself and what brings you to StayLDS!
screwloose

Hello.

Post by screwloose » 23 Aug 2018, 08:50

I've been in the church my entire life, now 41. At 16 I developed a brain disease that is killing me the older I get. It also gave me special abilities that modern science calls crazy, but it's not. I know better than any atheist doctor what it really is and what it's like living with it. As long as I stay on the medication it's totally fine. Off medication I only get 3 days before I start to see them. I have accepted what I am I dont fight it with illegal drugs or alcohol. I still keep the commandments as best I can. Living with this, I think the more righteous you are the stuff I see isnt frightening, its pleasant for the most part. I'm closer to God in a way. I'm visited every night by spirits. The thing that stinks is I dont get to choose who comes closer. So I get good and sometimes evil souls that visit me. I've tried the disease specific forums online before but all those people are God hating atheists that are completely lost to the truth and are constantly fighting what they are with drugs, booze, suicide attempts. They havent put the pieces together on why they are here. They have rotten souls that are already corrupted by the devil so they see terrifying sights that drives them to continue to abuse themselves. Suicide rates are extremely high amongst us. You probably know what I have by now. I've got schizophrenia. But I'm not violent. I dont have a criminal record. I've never been arrested even. I am probably the only one that lives with this and a great person despite what science says. I have accepted what I've become, I dont fight it. You will hear about the incredible things I see, the angels that visit me, what they have to say.

Heber13

Re: Hello.

Post by Heber13 » 23 Aug 2018, 09:25

Welcome to the forum and thanks for joining our conversations.

We do have moderators to keep our site on track with the purpose and mission, but we mostly just enjoy hearing everyone's stories.

Please be sure to check out the Rules & Etiquette and the Mission you can find here at this section: viewforum.php?f=7

Glad you found us. Thanks for sharing your story.
Luke: "Why didn't you tell me? You told me Vader betrayed and murdered my father."
Obi-Wan: "Your father... was seduced by the dark side of the Force. He ceased to be Anakin Skywalker and became Darth Vader. When that happened, the good man who was your father was destroyed. So what I told you was true... from a certain point of view."
Luke: "A certain point of view?"
Obi-Wan: "Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to...depend greatly on our point of view."

Curt Sunshine
Site Admin

Post by Curt Sunshine » 23 Aug 2018, 12:52

Welcome. I only have time to mention two things right now:

1) My mother had schizophrenia. She was fine, as long as she took her medication. She accepted her condition, took her medication, and was an incredibly spiritual person. One of her brothers also had schizophrenia. He never accepted his condition fully and went on and off his medication regularly. He ended up completing suicide. I am happy you have accepted your condition and know you need to keep taking your medication. That is important.

2) We are a non-professional, volunteer faith support group. We welcome you here as part of your faith journey and will help you in any way we can in that journey. However, we can't offer any professional advice or counsel. I am sure you know that, but I just have to make sure it is said clearly.

Again, welcome. I hope we can help each other as we walk our own roads.
I see through my glass, darkly - as I play my saxophone in harmony with the other instruments in God's orchestra. (h/t Elder Joseph Wirthlin)

Even if people view many things differently, the core Gospel principles (LOVE; belief in the unseen but hoped; self-reflective change; symbolic cleansing; striving to recognize the will of the divine; never giving up) are universal.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken

Minyan Man

Post by Minyan Man » 26 Aug 2018, 20:39

Welcome to our group. You have a very interesting Introduction. I personally don't know anyone who has been diagnosed as schizophrenic.

How was it diagnosed?

How are you being treated? (mediation, talk therapy, etc)

I have friends & members of my family who are being treated for emotional issues. They have been helped a lot by medication combined
with talk therapy. In the meantime, I'm looking forward to hearing more from you.