I'm tired

Public forum, tell us about yourself and what brings you to StayLDS!
Curt Sunshine
Site Admin

Re: I'm tired

Post by Curt Sunshine » 30 Oct 2017, 19:39

In the General Conference talk, "Concern for the One", Elder Wirthlin mentioned being tired as one of three reasons people become inactive or leave the Church. (The other two were: being different and straying.)

When an apostle mentions it from the GC pulpit, you know you aren't alone.

Take care of yourself. If you don't have your health, you can't murder your wife, frame Guilder, or run the kingdom. (If you can't relate everything, in some way, to The Princess Bride or Harry Potter, you haven't really lived.) :P
I see through my glass, darkly - as I play my saxophone in harmony with the other instruments in God's orchestra. (h/t Elder Joseph Wirthlin)

Even if people view many things differently, the core Gospel principles (LOVE; belief in the unseen but hoped; self-reflective change; symbolic cleansing; striving to recognize the will of the divine; never giving up) are universal.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken

AmyJ

Re: I'm tired

Post by AmyJ » 31 Oct 2017, 05:52

Curt Sunshine wrote:
30 Oct 2017, 19:39
In the General Conference talk, "Concern for the One", Elder Wirthlin mentioned being tired as one of three reasons people become inactive or leave the Church. (The other two were: being different and straying.)
I got 2 out of 3 going for me :P
Curt Sunshine wrote:
When an apostle mentions it from the GC pulpit, you know you aren't alone.
I try to keep an eye out for the other ones who might feel alone. The least I can do is give them a temporary herd during meetings, and someone to relate to outside of meetings.
Curt Sunshine wrote:
Take care of yourself. If you don't have your health, you can't murder your wife, frame Guilder, or run the kingdom. (If you can't relate everything, in some way, to The Princess Bride or Harry Potter, you haven't really lived.) :P
Thank you for the reminder, it is helpful.

I also appreciate the non-judgement and sincerity of all the responses. There is much positive food for thought in the comments.