Hello!

Public forum, tell us about yourself and what brings you to StayLDS!
Roy

Re: Hello!

Post by Roy » 30 Nov 2017, 15:44

Hi Outcast.

I am so very sorry for what you are going through. It definitely does sound like a nightmare or personal hell.

Right now, it sounds like you need the assistance of professionals. Trained lawyers, law enforcements personnel, and counselors. Do what is necessary to provide protection and support for yourself and your children.

Of course, we cannot never guarantee 100% protection over our children. That is a sobering and terrifying prospect for parents. You had no way of knowing how to prevent these terrible things from happening. It was not your fault.

It sounds as though we will not be hearing more from you in the short term. That is ok. We wish you well and hope that you get the professional services that you and your children need in this trying time for you all.

Sincerely,

Roy
"It is not so much the pain and suffering of life which crushes the individual as it is its meaninglessness and hopelessness." C. A. Elwood

“It is not the function of religion to answer all the questions about God’s moral government of the universe, but to give one courage, through faith, to go on in the face of questions he never finds the answer to in his present status.” TPC: Harold B. Lee 223

"I struggle now with establishing my faith that God may always be there, but may not always need to intervene" Heber13

DarkJedi

Re: Hello!

Post by DarkJedi » 30 Nov 2017, 17:55

Oh, man, I was just about to impart my wisdom regarding similar aspects of our faith crises. I still could but it might not make sense without the OP.

I'll just say this because I've said it here before. I spent several years being mad at God before I figured out it wasn't God I should be mad at. He didn't do anything to me or cause anything to be done to me. My expectations for God were framed in teachings of men (and women) at church. I have since realized the God we so often hear about in F&TM is not the real God and that's there's much mingling of the philosophies of men (and women) mingled with scripture in the church. FWIW after giving up being mad at God I was mad at the church, but that wasn't correct either. If you need t be mad at anybody, be mad at the people who led you astray, but also recognize there is power in forgiving.
In the absence of knowledge or faith there is always hope.

Once there was a gentile...who came before Hillel. He said "Convert me on the condition that you teach me the whole Torah while I stand on one foot." Hillel converted him, saying: That which is despicable to you, do not do to your fellow, this is the whole Torah, and the rest is commentary, go and learn it."

My Introduction