Nervous to say hi.....

Public forum, tell us about yourself and what brings you to StayLDS!
SilentDawning

Re: Nervous to say hi.....

Post by SilentDawning » 05 Sep 2017, 19:53

Welcome! What I like about your story is that you came here after dissafection with a plan in place, and with coping well on its way!!! Not that people who come here "unresolved" are unwelcome in any way -- that's not the point. It's just refresshing to see that you found you could say No, dye the tips of your hair a color you like, not have a calling or do VT, and that you are comfortable with it.

Been there myself and its made me a lot happier than I was on the other model of "because the church says so" or fitting in. Be your own kind of MOrmon -- the church needs people like us!!
"It doesn't have to be about the Church (church) all the time!" -- SD

"Stage 5 is where you no longer believe the gospel as its literally or traditionally taught. Nonetheless, you find your own way to be active and at peace within it". -- SD

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. No price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."

My introduction: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1576

Heber13

Re: Nervous to say hi.....

Post by Heber13 » 06 Sep 2017, 12:19

Spocklover wrote:
04 Sep 2017, 17:57
That I am not alone in my unorthodox thoughts. I am going to try my best to start commenting and not just reading posts. Try.....
Glad you are posting and sharing thoughts. I think we learn more from eachother and our exchanges.

I look forward to learning from reading your posts. Welcome.
Luke: "Why didn't you tell me? You told me Vader betrayed and murdered my father."
Obi-Wan: "Your father... was seduced by the dark side of the Force. He ceased to be Anakin Skywalker and became Darth Vader. When that happened, the good man who was your father was destroyed. So what I told you was true... from a certain point of view."
Luke: "A certain point of view?"
Obi-Wan: "Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to...depend greatly on our point of view."