Permission to Land here?

Public forum, tell us about yourself and what brings you to StayLDS!
Roy

Re: Permission to Land here?

Post by Roy » 06 Sep 2017, 09:05

You will fit in here just fine. ;)
"It is not so much the pain and suffering of life which crushes the individual as it is its meaninglessness and hopelessness." C. A. Elwood

“It is not the function of religion to answer all the questions about God’s moral government of the universe, but to give one courage, through faith, to go on in the face of questions he never finds the answer to in his present status.” TPC: Harold B. Lee 223

"I struggle now with establishing my faith that God may always be there, but may not always need to intervene" Heber13

Heber13

Re: Permission to Land here?

Post by Heber13 » 06 Sep 2017, 12:16

Welcome to the forum...glad you landed here safely.
A pilot friend recommended Rough Stone Rolling. I read it cover to cover, and it changed my world.
I like RSR as well. For me, it was a great tool to still have faith and believe the idea that Joseph was a prophet, and the church is true, and helped me reconcile those beliefs with many other things I learned outside the church...and validate that things were more complex and messy than the primary version we often hear in a 20min lesson at church.

We wrestle with God. We wrestle with our faith. We wrestle with our thoughts and our life experiences to find meaning and to find purpose and happiness. We shape our faith to be our own...something that becomes of value in how we see the world, love others, and make choices.

All that can be discussed openly here, among friends.

Thanks for posting. I look forward to learning more from your comments.
Luke: "Why didn't you tell me? You told me Vader betrayed and murdered my father."
Obi-Wan: "Your father... was seduced by the dark side of the Force. He ceased to be Anakin Skywalker and became Darth Vader. When that happened, the good man who was your father was destroyed. So what I told you was true... from a certain point of view."
Luke: "A certain point of view?"
Obi-Wan: "Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to...depend greatly on our point of view."