About Me....

Public forum, tell us about yourself and what brings you to StayLDS!
AmyJ

Re: About Me....

Post by AmyJ » 28 Jul 2017, 05:34

I guess for me, my core identity crisis came first, and I am re-evaluating what needs to be put back on the shelf :P

DarkJedi

Post by DarkJedi » 28 Jul 2017, 05:54

If you're referring to the shelf the way it is normally referred to here, keeping things there is generally a bad idea. Shelves can only hold so much for so long before they crash. It is much better to deal with the issues than shelf them IMO. Dealing with them can take time and the end result may be admitting we just don't know but trying to ignore them only works for a time.
In the absence of knowledge or faith there is always hope.

Once there was a gentile...who came before Hillel. He said "Convert me on the condition that you teach me the whole Torah while I stand on one foot." Hillel converted him, saying: That which is despicable to you, do not do to your fellow, this is the whole Torah, and the rest is commentary, go and learn it."

My Introduction

LookingHard

Post by LookingHard » 28 Jul 2017, 07:15

I am no fortune teller nor mental health professional, but I can say that in my study of those that have gone through a faith crisis - it gets better. I don't know of any list of steps to take to get you through dealing with your shelf falling and having a new identity. About the only advice is to take it slow, and try and be as calm as possible - don't get too twisted about the axle. It is going to work out.

Maybe I need to start creating some of those t-shirts that says

Keep Calm
And take it slow

Something like this.

dande48

Post by dande48 » 29 Jul 2017, 12:58

Hey Amy,

I'm not sure there is much I can say, that hasn't already been said. But guess what? My wife and I are in Michigan as well! I sent you a PM, wondering where you're at. We'll have to have you over for dinner sometime. It's a small world amongst us "Llamas".
"The whole world is a comedy to those that think, a tragedy to those that feel." - Horace Walpole

"Even though there are no ways of knowing for sure, there are ways of knowing for pretty sure."
-Lemony Snicket