There has to be another way . . .

Public forum, tell us about yourself and what brings you to StayLDS!
AnotherWay

Re: There has to be another way . . .

Post by AnotherWay » 05 Jul 2017, 21:06

Thank you for the warm welcome, everyone!

I've been reading through old threads for a couple of weeks now. So many intelligent and interesting discussions! I'm very impressed. And I can't wait to read more. :)

Heber13

Post by Heber13 » 06 Jul 2017, 10:12

Glad you are using the archives and search functions.

Even if threads are "old"...feel free to comment on them and respond to them. Sometimes by bumping up old threads, we can add to prior discussions without starting multiple threads on the same topics.

Glad you are here!
Luke: "Why didn't you tell me? You told me Vader betrayed and murdered my father."
Obi-Wan: "Your father... was seduced by the dark side of the Force. He ceased to be Anakin Skywalker and became Darth Vader. When that happened, the good man who was your father was destroyed. So what I told you was true... from a certain point of view."
Luke: "A certain point of view?"
Obi-Wan: "Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to...depend greatly on our point of view."

Katzpur

Post by Katzpur » 20 Nov 2017, 20:46

Hello, AnotherWay. I don't know if or when you'll see this. I wish so much that I'd seen it when you first posted it. Even though I'm a lot older than you, it sounds like we grew up in very similar households and a very similar approach to the teachings of the Church. If you drop back in, I'm going to be sure to follow your posts as I feel a real kinship to you and relate SO STRONGLY to pretty much everything you have said in this thread. I hope to get to chat with you at some point.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." ~Rudyard Kipling ~