New member, who dis?

Public forum, tell us about yourself and what brings you to StayLDS!
youngcy

New member, who dis?

Post by youngcy »

Hello,

I have been reading through MANY of the posts and threads the last couple of days. It has been very refreshing. I have been looking for an outlet for a while, and I think I have found what I have been looking for as far as a place where I can ask my questions and express my doubts openly. I'll tell more about myself in another post, but for now, I am glad to be here.
DarkJedi

Re: New member, who dis?

Post by DarkJedi »

Welcome to the forums. I was glad when I found this place as well. I hope you can find the peace you seek.
In the absence of knowledge or faith there is always hope.

Once there was a gentile...who came before Hillel. He said "Convert me on the condition that you teach me the whole Torah while I stand on one foot." Hillel converted him, saying: That which is despicable to you, do not do to your fellow, this is the whole Torah, and the rest is commentary, go and learn it."

My Introduction
LookingHard

Post by LookingHard »

No time to chat today, but welcome. I think you will find this a helpful site.
Old-Timer
Site Admin

Post by Old-Timer »

Just a quick welcome to our Island of Misfit Toys.
I see through my glass, darkly - as I play my saxophone in harmony with the other instruments in God's orchestra. (h/t Elder Joseph Wirthlin)

Even if people view many things differently, the core Gospel principles (LOVE; belief in the unseen but hoped; self-reflective change; symbolic cleansing; striving to recognize the will of the divine; never giving up) are universal.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken
Minyan Man

Post by Minyan Man »

Welcome. I'm looking forward to hear more from you.
This site has helped me alot.
Heber13
Site Admin

Post by Heber13 »

Glad you found us and are willing to join the discussions.

I look forward to learning a lot from your posts! Welcome :thumbup:
Luke: "Why didn't you tell me? You told me Vader betrayed and murdered my father."
Obi-Wan: "Your father... was seduced by the dark side of the Force. He ceased to be Anakin Skywalker and became Darth Vader. When that happened, the good man who was your father was destroyed. So what I told you was true... from a certain point of view."
Luke: "A certain point of view?"
Obi-Wan: "Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to...depend greatly on our point of view."
Roy

Post by Roy »

Welcome! I appreciate the struggles you shared on the other thread. If I was able to travel back in time to my younger self I would want to tell him not to worry so much. That I will marry a wonderful woman who loves me for me. That I will be able to be a good husband to her and feel worthy and deserving of her love and admiration.

It gets better!
"It is not so much the pain and suffering of life which crushes the individual as it is its meaninglessness and hopelessness." C. A. Elwood

“It is not the function of religion to answer all the questions about God’s moral government of the universe, but to give one courage, through faith, to go on in the face of questions he never finds the answer to in his present status.” TPC: Harold B. Lee 223

"I struggle now with establishing my faith that God may always be there, but may not always need to intervene" Heber13