Not sure how to do this

Public forum, tell us about yourself and what brings you to StayLDS!
LDS_Scoutmaster

Re: Not sure how to do this

Post by LDS_Scoutmaster » 10 Jun 2016, 14:28

Welcome to the forum! Some of the best advice I've heard here is to take things slow, with much thought.
I too have struggled with doubt, I still do. I have come to embrace my doubts and have learned much from studying things out and looking at things objectively. It certainly wasn't easy and I don't mean to lessen the turmoil that I or anyone else has gone through.
I have redefined many things that relate to my church: what a prophets is and does, separating the church and the gospel, too many to list. It helped me to find stability. I used to be of the mind that the church was true or I shouldn't have anything to do with it, great until you hit a pothole.
Welcome again, there's many questions to be answered.
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all." God, according to Futurama

We are all imperfect beings, dealing with other imperfect beings, and we're doing it imperfectly.

Ray DeGraw
Site Admin

Re: Not sure how to do this

Post by Ray DeGraw » 10 Jun 2016, 19:32

Welcome, unsure.

I am catching up on a lot of missed posts this week and don't have time for a detailed comment, but welcome to our Island of Misfit Toys.
I see through my glass, darkly - as I play my saxophone in harmony with the other instruments in God's orchestra. (h/t Elder Joseph Wirthlin)

Even if people view many things differently, the core Gospel principles (LOVE; belief in the unseen but hoped; self-reflective change; symbolic cleansing; striving to recognize the will of the divine; never giving up) are universal.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken