Not sure how to do this

Public forum, tell us about yourself and what brings you to StayLDS!
LDS_Scoutmaster

Re: Not sure how to do this

Post by LDS_Scoutmaster » 10 Jun 2016, 14:28

Welcome to the forum! Some of the best advice I've heard here is to take things slow, with much thought.
I too have struggled with doubt, I still do. I have come to embrace my doubts and have learned much from studying things out and looking at things objectively. It certainly wasn't easy and I don't mean to lessen the turmoil that I or anyone else has gone through.
I have redefined many things that relate to my church: what a prophets is and does, separating the church and the gospel, too many to list. It helped me to find stability. I used to be of the mind that the church was true or I shouldn't have anything to do with it, great until you hit a pothole.
Welcome again, there's many questions to be answered.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6311&start=70#p121051 My last talk

We are all imperfect beings, dealing with other imperfect beings, and we're doing it imperfectly.

Curt Sunshine
Site Admin

Re: Not sure how to do this

Post by Curt Sunshine » 10 Jun 2016, 19:32

Welcome, unsure.

I am catching up on a lot of missed posts this week and don't have time for a detailed comment, but welcome to our Island of Misfit Toys.
I see through my glass, darkly - as I play my saxophone in harmony with the other instruments in God's orchestra. (h/t Elder Joseph Wirthlin)

Even if people view many things differently, the core Gospel principles (LOVE; belief in the unseen but hoped; self-reflective change; symbolic cleansing; striving to recognize the will of the divine; never giving up) are universal.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken