Six year faith crisis... in need of advice

Public forum, tell us about yourself and what brings you to StayLDS!
Heber13

Re: Six year faith crisis... in need of advice

Post by Heber13 » 12 Apr 2016, 13:08

+1 to everything Malcolm Villager just said.
Luke: "Why didn't you tell me? You told me Vader betrayed and murdered my father."
Obi-Wan: "Your father... was seduced by the dark side of the Force. He ceased to be Anakin Skywalker and became Darth Vader. When that happened, the good man who was your father was destroyed. So what I told you was true... from a certain point of view."
Luke: "A certain point of view?"
Obi-Wan: "Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to...depend greatly on our point of view."

SilentDawning

Re: Six year faith crisis... in need of advice

Post by SilentDawning » 12 Apr 2016, 17:07

Welcome. Church policy can really put people between the proverbial rock and a hard place. Welcome to the forum. I feel for your situation. But I don't have any advice. I think you hit the three alternatives. I wish you the best as you figure out what is best for you and any people that are touched by your situation.
"It doesn't have to be about the Church (church) all the time!" -- SD

"Stage 5 is where you no longer believe the gospel as its literally or traditionally taught. Nonetheless, you find your own way to be active and at peace within it". -- SD

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. No price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."

My introduction: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1576