Greetings

Public forum, tell us about yourself and what brings you to StayLDS!
DarkJedi

Re: Greetings

Post by DarkJedi » 12 Jan 2016, 08:54

Silly me, I assumed you were aware of "Come, Join With Us." That talk is to an extent the reason I go to church - it was a turning point for me.
In the absence of knowledge or faith there is always hope.

Once there was a gentile...who came before Hillel. He said "Convert me on the condition that you teach me the whole Torah while I stand on one foot." Hillel converted him, saying: That which is despicable to you, do not do to your fellow, this is the whole Torah, and the rest is commentary, go and learn it."

My Introduction

Roy

Re: Greetings

Post by Roy » 12 Jan 2016, 15:56

Welcome Chickwit,

This is a good place to talk things out without judgment.

Chickwit wrote:I think it came from attending church somewhere else lately and each time I think about joining one of their community groups to get to know people. I end up just missing my old ward. In addition to it not be warm and welcoming. Plus there are people I’ve been too embarrassed to reach out to. Again that’s all on me.
My family participates in several area churches there is no rule that says that your whole social world has to be Mormon.

Many people turn down callings that are too burdensome for their life. There is no shame in that.

Allow yourself to be Mormon without having to eat the whole elephant all at once. There also may be portions of the elephant that you might respectfully decline to eat. You are the best person to know your life situation and digestive tract. Trust yourself. ;)
"It is not so much the pain and suffering of life which crushes the individual as it is its meaninglessness and hopelessness." C. A. Elwood

“It is not the function of religion to answer all the questions about God’s moral government of the universe, but to give one courage, through faith, to go on in the face of questions he never finds the answer to in his present status.” TPC: Harold B. Lee 223

"I struggle now with establishing my faith that God may always be there, but may not always need to intervene" Heber13