Hello

Public forum, tell us about yourself and what brings you to StayLDS!
Roy

Re: Hello

Post by Roy » 14 Jul 2015, 16:46

Welcome Ann,

I read your story and was moved. Was it Elder Oaks that said that as a church we do not fully understand the transgender phenomenon. You are truly a pioneer.

again welcome!
"It is not so much the pain and suffering of life which crushes the individual as it is its meaninglessness and hopelessness." C. A. Elwood

“It is not the function of religion to answer all the questions about God’s moral government of the universe, but to give one courage, through faith, to go on in the face of questions he never finds the answer to in his present status.” TPC: Harold B. Lee 223

"I struggle now with establishing my faith that God may always be there, but may not always need to intervene" Heber13

Minyan Man

Post by Minyan Man » 20 Jul 2015, 19:55

Welcome Ann, welcome to this site. I hope you find some answers along the way.
You will bring an important view point to our discussions.

Ann

Post by Ann » 20 Jul 2015, 23:32

Roy wrote:Welcome Ann,

I read your story and was moved. Was it Elder Oaks that said that as a church we do not fully understand the transgender phenomenon. You are truly a pioneer.

again welcome!
I'm not sure about Elder Oaks, but I know I heard Elder Christofferson say something to the effect of, "that is something we need to know more about," or something we need to understand better, etc.
"Preachers err by trying to talk people into belief; better they reveal the radiance of their own discovery." - Joseph Campbell

"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes." - Marcel Proust

"Therefore they said unto him, How were thine eyes opened? He answered and said unto them, A man that is called Jesus made clay, and anointed my eyes...." - John 9:10-11