Wanting to Stay but Very Confused

Public forum, tell us about yourself and what brings you to StayLDS!
On Own Now

Re: Wanting to Stay but Very Confused

Post by On Own Now » 07 Jul 2015, 08:08

Hi, Ned, and welcome. I look forward to your added voice here. My one piece of advice...
nednickerson wrote:I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ, I always have.
Then don't let go of that. The Church is an imperfect vehicle for that Gospel, just like all churches. But it can be an effective vehicle, if you choose for it to be. You just have to strip away the parts that you don't love. Most importantly, don't let the Church define the Gospel... that's up to you.
"Let us therefore no longer pass judgment on one another, but resolve instead never to put a stumbling block or hindrance in the way of another." --Romans 14:13

Roadrunner

Post by Roadrunner » 07 Jul 2015, 12:34

Hello Ned,
Welcome - glad to have you here.

If you want a calling, how would your bishop receive a suggestion from you about a good calling for you? Some bishops would have a severe allergic reaction but some bishops would love hearing a suggestion about where the right place might be. It sounds like you still want to serve in a position that makes sense for you.

amateurparent

Post by amateurparent » 11 Jul 2015, 05:09

Welcome Ned:

Looking forward to reading more from you.
I have no advance degrees in parenting. No national credentials. I am an amateur parent. I read, study, and learn all I can to be the best parent possible. Every time I think I have reached expert status with one child for one stage in their life, something changes and I am back to amateur status again. Now when I really mess up, I just apologize to my child, and explain that I am indeed an amateur .. I'm still learning how to do this right.