Hello everyone!

Public forum, tell us about yourself and what brings you to StayLDS!
Heber13

Re: Hello everyone!

Post by Heber13 » 23 Feb 2015, 22:53

Hi Audrey...loved your post. Welcome. The things you wrote about...boggles my mind too. And it is a bit scary to me the things others come up with to try to make it have some sense to them. And when you see people seemingly justifying things with spiritual witnesses...it makes one pause about the whole process of revelation.

I'm glad you joined the conversation.

I look forward to learning more from your posts. Thanks for sharing.

H13
Luke: "Why didn't you tell me? You told me Vader betrayed and murdered my father."
Obi-Wan: "Your father... was seduced by the dark side of the Force. He ceased to be Anakin Skywalker and became Darth Vader. When that happened, the good man who was your father was destroyed. So what I told you was true... from a certain point of view."
Luke: "A certain point of view?"
Obi-Wan: "Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to...depend greatly on our point of view."

West

Post by West » 24 Feb 2015, 01:16

Hi, Audrey! I sympathize with your distress and anxiety, and it was great to read your post and be able to empathize with your struggle with the Church's history. Thank goodness for this site! I am glad you have found us. You are in good company here.
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. -Albert Einstein

And God said 'Love Your Enemy,' and I obeyed him and loved myself. -Kahlil Gibran

Curt Sunshine
Site Admin

Post by Curt Sunshine » 24 Feb 2015, 06:25

Welcome to our Island of Misfit Toys. :D
I see through my glass, darkly - as I play my saxophone in harmony with the other instruments in God's orchestra. (h/t Elder Joseph Wirthlin)

Even if people view many things differently, the core Gospel principles (LOVE; belief in the unseen but hoped; self-reflective change; symbolic cleansing; striving to recognize the will of the divine; never giving up) are universal.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken

LDS_Scoutmaster

Post by LDS_Scoutmaster » 24 Feb 2015, 12:35

Welcome, to the safe forum.

I had sort of the same struggle. But in a different way.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6311&start=70#p121051 My last talk

We are all imperfect beings, dealing with other imperfect beings, and we're doing it imperfectly.