Deleted

Public forum, tell us about yourself and what brings you to StayLDS!
LDS_Scoutmaster

Re: Hello from California

Post by LDS_Scoutmaster » 14 Feb 2015, 20:33

SquarePeg1971 wrote: It seems the more I study, the more confused and conflicted I become. For now, I'm in the process of making my pro's and con's list in the hopes that I will be able to stay in the church, on my own terms. It is so difficult having to question and rediscover literally everything I've ever been taught through a new lens. I have always had a problem with polygamy, and felt that I could be an accepted and fellowshipped member while being totally opposed to that "doctrine." However, my new concerns are far less popular and I have to be pretty much silent to continue.
Welcome to the site. Staying on our own terms is an important point of view for me too. Hope we can help as you are on your journey.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6311&start=70#p121051 My last talk

We are all imperfect beings, dealing with other imperfect beings, and we're doing it imperfectly.

mom3

Post by mom3 » 14 Feb 2015, 21:47

Welcome to our ward. We love you already. No topic scares us. We look forward to you joining us.

Side note we don't deliver meals. That's our only flaw.
"I stayed because it was God and Jesus Christ that I wanted to follow and be like, not individual human beings." Chieko Okazaki Dialogue interview

"I am coming to envision a new persona for the Church as humble followers of Jesus Christ....Joseph and his early followers came forth with lots of triumphalist rhetoric, but I think we need a new voice, one of humility, friendship and service. We should teach people to believe in God because it will soften their hearts and make them more willing to serve." - Richard Bushman

West

Post by West » 15 Feb 2015, 19:40

Welcome to the forums, Square. I don't have much time to do more than a quick welcome, but I'm glad you've found us, and I'm glad that it sounds like you aren't alone in this and at least have an SO who can sympathize. Please don't be a stranger; we don't have all the answers, but we can certainly talk over all of them and maybe help provide a few perspectives. :)
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. -Albert Einstein

And God said 'Love Your Enemy,' and I obeyed him and loved myself. -Kahlil Gibran

hope

Post by hope » 25 Mar 2015, 07:55

Welcome! I loved your intro and related to so much of what you said. I am in my mid 50 ' s and hail from cali, although I have lived in utah for the past 22 years. My faith awakening began about 2 years ago and I was the second to last to get on board in our family of seven. My husband and our 5 children have all had different journeys which have led to the same outcome, that of non belief in the church or the gospel.

I love your enthusiasm and your authenticity and hope you share more if your ongoing journey. :D

Heber13

Post by Heber13 » 25 Mar 2015, 09:06

hope wrote:My faith awakening began about 2 years ago...
I like "faith awakening"...that's a good way to put it.
Luke: "Why didn't you tell me? You told me Vader betrayed and murdered my father."
Obi-Wan: "Your father... was seduced by the dark side of the Force. He ceased to be Anakin Skywalker and became Darth Vader. When that happened, the good man who was your father was destroyed. So what I told you was true... from a certain point of view."
Luke: "A certain point of view?"
Obi-Wan: "Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to...depend greatly on our point of view."