Goodness will Prevail

Public forum, tell us about yourself and what brings you to StayLDS!
richalger

Re: Goodness will Prevail

Post by richalger » 30 Sep 2011, 00:59

Ray Degraw wrote:Welcome, friend.

Since I've read your blog regularly for a long time and you've read mine just as long, I'm curious how you ended up here - if it was something I said at some point or if it was totally independent of me.
You, my friend, are probably the single reason that I felt safe to join this forum. I have come to respect you as my most trusted and wisest friends. I know of your commitment to the church. Your dedication to be a disciple of Christ. To become what He wants you to become.

You have also challenged me in some of my conceptions on many topics. Topics that I think I had taken for face value and had not thought if they were true or not. I smile when I think of some of the Mormon "urban legends" that I have heard. I just accepted them because it was from a trusted source. If I had gotten the same thing today in an email from the same source, I probably would have looked it up on snopes or some other trusted source to see what it was all about. Before I decided it was a true story or an accepted teaching of the church.

So to answer you directly, you have contributed to my journey in a positive way. I participate in a Facebook group but I was looking for somewhere else to participate. This seems like a good place.

richalger

Re: Goodness will Prevail

Post by richalger » 30 Sep 2011, 01:01

To everyone else: I look forward to participating. Thanks for all the welcome posts.