Another newbie

Public forum, tell us about yourself and what brings you to StayLDS!
bridget_night

Re: Another newbie

Post by bridget_night » 02 May 2011, 11:57

Hi RM Sister,

I want to welcome you as well. I served a mission in Austria for two years when I was 21. I was born in Berlin, Germany and my family immigrated to America when I was 3. European missions are very difficult and it was on my mission that I started struggling with my testimony of the church (not Jesus or the atonement).

Adjusting to coming home is difficult and I understand there is less choices in European wards. But, I am so pleased that you are mature enough to not need another person to feel of value. Being on a mission is a different world and it is difficult to find someone who can relate to what you are going through. I will pray for you to find answers and get direction.

I met my husband after my mission. He was not a member but investigating the church. There is alot of pressure in the church to go to the temple and get your eternal exhaltation and pop out those babies. Feel free to ask me anything.

Bridget

AmyJ

Post by AmyJ » 18 Aug 2017, 10:21

Heber13 wrote:
30 Apr 2011, 19:07

I think guilt is ungodly. We should either avoid the actions that make us feel guilty, or we should repent and get rid of guilt so it doesn't burden us...but we should not think we should feel guilty if we don't.
I treat guilt as a warning sign that something is out of whack. Sometimes I need to avoid the situation, or "repent" (in the sense of following the 4 "r"), but it also might mean my priorities or expectations need to be adjusted. For me, guilt and anxiety go hand in hand - so if I am feeling "guilty" it might be causing anxiety - which means I need to make choices to put everything back in perspective.

Curt Sunshine
Site Admin

Post by Curt Sunshine » 18 Aug 2017, 11:40

:thumbup: :clap: :D
I see through my glass, darkly - as I play my saxophone in harmony with the other instruments in God's orchestra. (h/t Elder Joseph Wirthlin)

Even if people view many things differently, the core Gospel principles (LOVE; belief in the unseen but hoped; self-reflective change; symbolic cleansing; striving to recognize the will of the divine; never giving up) are universal.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken