This is NOT a site to post anti-mormon links

Rules and policies of the StayLDS forums. Welcome! Please read this first if you are new to our community.
Old-Timer
Site Admin

This is NOT a site to post anti-mormon links

Post by Old-Timer »

Everyone,

I just deleted a comment from a fairly newly registered commenter that was strictly a plea for someone to leave the LDS Church - that included a link to a site that is focused SOLELY on defining the LDS Church as uniquely destructive to emotional health. I read the entire site linked, and most of the points made on it are valid - about EVERY organization, including, ironically, itself. It used the EXACT same tactics as it labeled uniquely strong in the LDS Church.

This is NOT a site to post anti-Mormon links and to encourage people to leave the LDS Church. That is NOT our purpose; it is not our mission. Posts and comments encouraging that, with NO constructive input into how to "stayLDS" will not be left unchallenged - and those that have the sole intention of posting anti-Mormon stuff will be deleted.

We have had a major upsurge in traffic since the news articles about us were published. We also have been informed by friends on other sites (and read personally) about those who have decided to come here and sow seeds of discontent. We will continue to moderate carefully and sparingly, and we will continue to strive for openness and understanding and tolerance and acceptance - but behavior that is strictly trollish in nature is not welcome here.

Please understand why I have done what I have done, and please honor the purpose of this wonderful site.
I see through my glass, darkly - as I play my saxophone in harmony with the other instruments in God's orchestra. (h/t Elder Joseph Wirthlin)

Even if people view many things differently, the core Gospel principles (LOVE; belief in the unseen but hoped; self-reflective change; symbolic cleansing; striving to recognize the will of the divine; never giving up) are universal.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken
Orson
Site Admin

Re: This is NOT a site to post anti-mormon links

Post by Orson »

Thanks Ray.
My avatar - both physical and spiritual.

I first found faith, and thought I had all truth. I then discovered doubt, and claimed a more accurate truth. Now I’ve greeted paradox and a deeper truth than I have ever known.