Talk on Repentance

Public forum to discuss questions about Mormon history and doctrine.
dande48

Re: Talk on Repentance

Post by dande48 »

Thank you so much! You've given me a lot to mull over, and I hope you know I appreciate it. Any other thoughts? Keep 'em coming!
"The whole world is a comedy to those that think, a tragedy to those that feel." - Horace Walpole

"Even though there are no ways of knowing for sure, there are ways of knowing for pretty sure."
-Lemony Snicket
Heber13
Site Admin

Post by Heber13 »

Let us know what you put together for your talk.

I'd like to read it.
Luke: "Why didn't you tell me? You told me Vader betrayed and murdered my father."
Obi-Wan: "Your father... was seduced by the dark side of the Force. He ceased to be Anakin Skywalker and became Darth Vader. When that happened, the good man who was your father was destroyed. So what I told you was true... from a certain point of view."
Luke: "A certain point of view?"
Obi-Wan: "Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to...depend greatly on our point of view."
mom3

Post by mom3 »

So much good stuff. I don't have much to add.

For me I like the Buddhist idea of the next minute, second, is untouched. Move into it with purpose or improvement, etc. Always going forward.
"I stayed because it was God and Jesus Christ that I wanted to follow and be like, not individual human beings." Chieko Okazaki Dialogue interview

"I am coming to envision a new persona for the Church as humble followers of Jesus Christ....Joseph and his early followers came forth with lots of triumphalist rhetoric, but I think we need a new voice, one of humility, friendship and service. We should teach people to believe in God because it will soften their hearts and make them more willing to serve." - Richard Bushman