Kolob came up today

Public forum to discuss questions about Mormon history and doctrine.
SamBee

Re: Kolob came up today

Post by SamBee »

Those 14 Fundamentals could be seen as having a cultish aspect. As for civic matters, ETB seemed to have little room for political diversity.
DASH1730 "An Area Authority...[was] asked...who...would go to the Telestial kingdom. His answer: "murderers, adulterers and a lot of surprised Mormons!"'
1ST PRES 1978 "[LDS] believe...there is truth in many religions and philosophies...good and great religious leaders... have raised the spiritual, moral, and ethical awareness of their people. When we speak of The [LDS] as the only true church...it is...authorized to administer the ordinances...by Jesus Christ... we do not mean... it is the only teacher of truth."
DarkJedi

Re: Kolob came up today

Post by DarkJedi »

dande48 wrote: 05 Jun 2018, 13:58
nibbler wrote: 05 Jun 2018, 05:06 I don't think they would have received any attention at all if not for those two general conference talks. Now it's canon.
I agree, it's canon. Or at least all those fundamentals are treated as canon. It's too bad I only agree with #13 (but lets face it, did that really need to be said?). As for the rest, it makes me want to give the Church the middle finger. Thank goodness I haven't heard them mentioned in quite a long time. Feeling sorry for Nibbler.
Ditto on agreeing on #13 and feeling sorry for Nibbler (or more sorry than I usually feel for Nibbler ;) ). It also has not been mentioned for some time in my ward despite the recent spat of prophet adoration which seems to be subsiding. :shh: I was not active in 2010 and although GC was broadcast at my house I was mostly able to ignore it. (Fortunately I was only partly ignoring in Oct. 2013.)
In the absence of knowledge or faith there is always hope.

Once there was a gentile...who came before Hillel. He said "Convert me on the condition that you teach me the whole Torah while I stand on one foot." Hillel converted him, saying: That which is despicable to you, do not do to your fellow, this is the whole Torah, and the rest is commentary, go and learn it."

My Introduction