Luther's 95 Thesis Moment In Dispute

Public forum to discuss questions about Mormon history and doctrine.
SamBee

Re: Luther's 95 Thesis Moment In Dispute

Post by SamBee » 02 Nov 2017, 15:58

And Abner Doubleday never invented baseball and William Webb Ellis never invented rugby.
DASH1730 "An Area Authority...[was] asked...who...would go to the Telestial kingdom. His answer: "murderers, adulterers and a lot of surprised Mormons!"'
1ST PRES 1978 "[LDS] believe...there is truth in many religions and philosophies...good and great religious leaders... have raised the spiritual, moral, and ethical awareness of their people. When we speak of The [LDS] as the only true church...it is...authorized to administer the ordinances...by Jesus Christ... we do not mean... it is the only teacher of truth."

Reuben

Post by Reuben » 03 Nov 2017, 01:10

SamBee wrote:
02 Nov 2017, 15:58
And Abner Doubleday never invented baseball and William Webb Ellis never invented rugby.
Pfft. Revisionist history! Next you'll tell me that Sir Isaac Newton never invented gravity.
My intro

Love before dogma. Truth before loyalty. Knowledge before certainty.

AmyJ

Post by AmyJ » 03 Nov 2017, 08:04

Reuben wrote:
03 Nov 2017, 01:10
Pfft. Revisionist history! Next you'll tell me that Sir Isaac Newton never invented gravity.
Well technically he didn't.
Gravity was already in play as a force in the world. Newton is credited with helping humanity observe and predict in a measurable manner how Gravity interacts with the world. And technically, an earlier scientist to observe and test gravity was Galileo :P :crazy:

SamBee

Post by SamBee » 03 Nov 2017, 08:40

Reuben wrote:
03 Nov 2017, 01:10
SamBee wrote:
02 Nov 2017, 15:58
Well, there's little evidence of the apple story. :)
DASH1730 "An Area Authority...[was] asked...who...would go to the Telestial kingdom. His answer: "murderers, adulterers and a lot of surprised Mormons!"'
1ST PRES 1978 "[LDS] believe...there is truth in many religions and philosophies...good and great religious leaders... have raised the spiritual, moral, and ethical awareness of their people. When we speak of The [LDS] as the only true church...it is...authorized to administer the ordinances...by Jesus Christ... we do not mean... it is the only teacher of truth."