GC mentions of Heavenly Parents increasing - SLTrib

Public forum to discuss questions about Mormon history and doctrine.
Ann

GC mentions of Heavenly Parents increasing - SLTrib

Post by Ann » 05 Nov 2016, 19:21

http://www.sltrib.com/lifestyle/faith/4 ... on-leaders
The term appeared more frequently in the wake of the proclamation, but not until 2016 — after the essay about Mother in Heaven — did the number break into double digits.

"Half of the 56 talks that mention Heavenly Parents," Anderson adds, "have been delivered in the last four years."
I hope there's more to come. I've heard that Fiona Givens is working on a book.
"Preachers err by trying to talk people into belief; better they reveal the radiance of their own discovery." - Joseph Campbell

"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes." - Marcel Proust

"Therefore they said unto him, How were thine eyes opened? He answered and said unto them, A man that is called Jesus made clay, and anointed my eyes...." - John 9:10-11

SamBee

Re: GC mentions of Heavenly Parents increasing - SLTrib

Post by SamBee » 11 Mar 2017, 17:22

The problem is that theologically from an LDS POV we are told nothing about her.

We know that she is female, and sealed to Heavenly Father. That's about it.

In obscurer works she has a name, and the polygamous aspects suggests there is more than one.

We can guess by inference that she too has progressed like HF, and they chose one another.

And that's about it.
DASH1730 "An Area Authority...[was] asked...who...would go to the Telestial kingdom. His answer: "murderers, adulterers and a lot of surprised Mormons!"'
1ST PRES 1978 "[LDS] believe...there is truth in many religions and philosophies...good and great religious leaders... have raised the spiritual, moral, and ethical awareness of their people. When we speak of The [LDS] as the only true church...it is...authorized to administer the ordinances...by Jesus Christ... we do not mean... it is the only teacher of truth."