World Wide Training: CHI is Doctrine

Public forum to discuss questions about Mormon history and doctrine.
cwald

Re: World Wide Training: CHI is Doctrine

Post by cwald » 22 Feb 2011, 20:52

A copy of which CHI? The church came out and gave manual 2 to all auxiliaries leaders after it got posted on the internet.

Now, if you are getting the "good stuff" that only bishops and SP gets ---- I am interested in WHY they are giving you a copy.
  Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn't participate enthusiastically. - Robert Kirby

SamBee

Post by SamBee » 24 Feb 2011, 12:23

Not sure. I'm low down the food chain, so I doubt I'll be getting the "For the eyes of bishops only" edition. :lol:
DASH1730 "An Area Authority...[was] asked...who...would go to the Telestial kingdom. His answer: "murderers, adulterers and a lot of surprised Mormons!"'
1ST PRES 1978 "[LDS] believe...there is truth in many religions and philosophies...good and great religious leaders... have raised the spiritual, moral, and ethical awareness of their people. When we speak of The [LDS] as the only true church...it is...authorized to administer the ordinances...by Jesus Christ... we do not mean... it is the only teacher of truth."

Curt Sunshine
Site Admin

Post by Curt Sunshine » 24 Feb 2011, 12:43

Bishop Sam . . . Bishop Bee . . . which one sounds better, everyone? :twisted:
I see through my glass, darkly - as I play my saxophone in harmony with the other instruments in God's orchestra. (h/t Elder Joseph Wirthlin)

Even if people view many things differently, the core Gospel principles (LOVE; belief in the unseen but hoped; self-reflective change; symbolic cleansing; striving to recognize the will of the divine; never giving up) are universal.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken

SamBee

Post by SamBee » 24 Feb 2011, 15:17

The idea of me being a bishop. I've got to be married first!!!
DASH1730 "An Area Authority...[was] asked...who...would go to the Telestial kingdom. His answer: "murderers, adulterers and a lot of surprised Mormons!"'
1ST PRES 1978 "[LDS] believe...there is truth in many religions and philosophies...good and great religious leaders... have raised the spiritual, moral, and ethical awareness of their people. When we speak of The [LDS] as the only true church...it is...authorized to administer the ordinances...by Jesus Christ... we do not mean... it is the only teacher of truth."

Jaykay

Post by Jaykay » 24 Feb 2011, 22:51

SamBee wrote: I may be given a copy of the CHI in the near future, I think from what someone said to me.

I await it with bated breath...
Do you really want one that badly? It is only supposed to be for the stake pres and the bishop, but I find there is a power of the press/ transparency that keeps others honest.

I am not saying stake presidents are dishonest, nor bishops, but I see why you would want a copy. It is not that interesting overall, the PDF file is big though....

SamBee

Post by SamBee » 28 Feb 2011, 12:46

I'm getting given some kind of book. I'm probably getting confused here, but we'll see.