Women and Priesthood

Public forum to discuss questions about Mormon history and doctrine.
hawkgrrrl
Site Admin

Re: Women and Priesthood

Post by hawkgrrrl » 03 Feb 2020, 14:49

To put it in a simpler way, I don't need a man to explain to me what it's like to be a woman, and every time they try, they demonstrate their utter failure to comprehend what they are talking about.

Curt Sunshine
Site Admin

Post by Curt Sunshine » 03 Feb 2020, 17:54

^^This.
I see through my glass, darkly - as I play my saxophone in harmony with the other instruments in God's orchestra. (h/t Elder Joseph Wirthlin)

Even if people view many things differently, the core Gospel principles (LOVE; belief in the unseen but hoped; self-reflective change; symbolic cleansing; striving to recognize the will of the divine; never giving up) are universal.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken

DarkJedi

Post by DarkJedi » 04 Feb 2020, 06:54

hawkgrrrl wrote:
03 Feb 2020, 14:49
To put it in a simpler way, I don't need a man to explain to me what it's like to be a woman, and every time they try, they demonstrate their utter failure to comprehend what they are talking about.
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Note that I often think they have no idea what they're talking about.
In the absence of knowledge or faith there is always hope.

Once there was a gentile...who came before Hillel. He said "Convert me on the condition that you teach me the whole Torah while I stand on one foot." Hillel converted him, saying: That which is despicable to you, do not do to your fellow, this is the whole Torah, and the rest is commentary, go and learn it."

My Introduction

SamBee

Post by SamBee » 08 Feb 2020, 04:17

hawkgrrrl wrote:
It cuts both ways. I keep on being told what it's like to be a man by women. Not a clue either.
DASH1730 "An Area Authority...[was] asked...who...would go to the Telestial kingdom. His answer: "murderers, adulterers and a lot of surprised Mormons!"'
1ST PRES 1978 "[LDS] believe...there is truth in many religions and philosophies...good and great religious leaders... have raised the spiritual, moral, and ethical awareness of their people. When we speak of The [LDS] as the only true church...it is...authorized to administer the ordinances...by Jesus Christ... we do not mean... it is the only teacher of truth."

hawkgrrrl
Site Admin

Post by hawkgrrrl » 12 Feb 2020, 12:52

SamBee wrote:
08 Feb 2020, 04:17
hawkgrrrl wrote:
It cuts both ways. I keep on being told what it's like to be a man by women. Not a clue either.
Fair enough, but in the LDS church 99% of the speakers in GC are men, and men run the women's organization. I'm not aware of any speaking or leadership platform in the church that puts men under women or gives women a microphone and tells them they should opine about the role of men.

grobert93

Post by grobert93 » 12 Feb 2020, 15:24

hawkgrrrl wrote:
12 Feb 2020, 12:52
SamBee wrote:
08 Feb 2020, 04:17
hawkgrrrl wrote:
Fair enough, but in the LDS church 99% of the speakers in GC are men, and men run the women's organization. I'm not aware of any speaking or leadership platform in the church that puts men under women or gives women a microphone and tells them they should opine about the role of men.
And when a woman is allowed to speak on the microphone, they need the approval of a priesthood leader to validate what they say.

Curt Sunshine
Site Admin

Post by Curt Sunshine » 12 Feb 2020, 17:35

And when a woman is allowed to speak on the microphone, they need the approval of a priesthood leader to validate what they say.

To be fair, that is true of when men speak, as well.
I see through my glass, darkly - as I play my saxophone in harmony with the other instruments in God's orchestra. (h/t Elder Joseph Wirthlin)

Even if people view many things differently, the core Gospel principles (LOVE; belief in the unseen but hoped; self-reflective change; symbolic cleansing; striving to recognize the will of the divine; never giving up) are universal.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken