Its been a while but have a question

Public forum for those seeking support for their experience in the LDS Church.
Havefaith

Its been a while but have a question

Post by Havefaith » 22 Mar 2020, 08:58

I haven't been on here for a while. Since i have been here i have pritty much gone inactive. It just seemed easier. I of course hadnt and havent lost my relationship with God. I really believed that i was forgotten. By my ward and was coming to terms with that. I just never talked about it with my mom, who if you remember is active. Last sunday because of the caronavirus stuff the subject came up. I tried to be respectful of her feelings. She odviously still believes i am active. Anyways, because of the caronavirus stuff again, out of the blue my bishop texts me and asks how i am doing and tells me the sacrament is still able to be brought to people (which is what my mom brought up). I thought it was nice he thought of my family during this time and told him we were fine and after talking to my in active sister decided to tell my bishop if he wanted the sacrament sent over thats ok. So told my 13 year old daughter they might come. It feels a little weird because now all the sudden im going to take the sacrement when i havent for months. Ok so im still worthy but i wonder what my daughter thinks about that. I havent really told her why i have stopped going to church and dont think its the time too. It makes me wonder if the bishop even realized i haven been a church.
So my question is when the presthood comes to do the sacrament do they accually say the prayers in each home? Whats it like? My daughter might ask why they came? What should i say?
Thanks everyone

nibbler

Re: Its been a while but have a question

Post by nibbler » 22 Mar 2020, 09:21

Havefaith wrote:
22 Mar 2020, 08:58
So my question is when the presthood comes to do the sacrament do they accually say the prayers in each home? Whats it like? My daughter might ask why they came? What should i say?
Thanks everyone
Yes, they will perform the sacrament prayer in each home. It's just like at church, but in the more intimate setting of a home. The person offering the prayer will still need to say all of the words of the prayer exactly, they will still have to kneel while offering the prayer, the presiding/authorized PH holder will ensure the prayer was said correctly, and they'll pass the sacrament to the people that want it.

You mentioned that you haven't lost your relationship with god. If your daughter asks, it may be a good opportunity to talk about the importance of remembering Jesus, and even though people are worried and scared that god will see us through.
Fred Rogers wrote:When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news,my mother would say to me, ‘Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.'
The people coming house to house to help people with the sacrament are trying to help.
It is the end of the world. Surely you could be allowed a few carnal thoughts.
― Connie Willis

Havefaith

Post by Havefaith » 22 Mar 2020, 09:50

Thank you nibbler for the quick reply. I like the idea of just saying they are wanting to help people during this trying time.

Roy

Post by Roy » 22 Mar 2020, 12:30

I agree with what has been said. We make promises to remember Jesus and to try to be like him. He makes promises to send his spirit (aka the comforter and the spirit of peace) to be with us.
"It is not so much the pain and suffering of life which crushes the individual as it is its meaninglessness and hopelessness." C. A. Elwood

“It is not the function of religion to answer all the questions about God’s moral government of the universe, but to give one courage, through faith, to go on in the face of questions he never finds the answer to in his present status.” TPC: Harold B. Lee 223

"I struggle now with establishing my faith that God may always be there, but may not always need to intervene" Heber13

Khadijah

Post by Khadijah » 22 Mar 2020, 20:21

Because of the contagion, I was hoping for something online, on video, SKYPE, or YouTube. God knows our concerns and will honor our efforts.

LDS_Scoutmaster

Post by LDS_Scoutmaster » 27 Mar 2020, 11:22

It's an interesting time for sure.

If I'm reading your question right you are concerned about your daughters thoughts, has (up until recently) she been going to church? And has there been no discussion or comments about you previous absence?

Maintaining social distancing and trying not to group gather even small will change how we function in society for long time to come.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6311&start=70#p121051 My last talk

We are all imperfect beings, dealing with other imperfect beings, and we're doing it imperfectly.