General Conference Thread

Public forum for those seeking support for their experience in the LDS Church.
mom3

General Conference Thread

Post by mom3 » 06 Apr 2019, 09:30

Just arrived.

Woman - #1 - Sister Craven

Iron Rod, covenant path. Obedience in a non-primary voice.
"I stayed because it was God and Jesus Christ that I wanted to follow and be like, not individual human beings." Chieko Okazaki Dialogue interview

"I am coming to envision a new persona for the Church as humble followers of Jesus Christ....Joseph and his early followers came forth with lots of triumphalist rhetoric, but I think we need a new voice, one of humility, friendship and service. We should teach people to believe in God because it will soften their hearts and make them more willing to serve." - Richard Bushman

mom3

Re: General Conference Thread

Post by mom3 » 06 Apr 2019, 09:31

Might be time to make a sandwich. This is a judgmental talk. Ow.
"I stayed because it was God and Jesus Christ that I wanted to follow and be like, not individual human beings." Chieko Okazaki Dialogue interview

"I am coming to envision a new persona for the Church as humble followers of Jesus Christ....Joseph and his early followers came forth with lots of triumphalist rhetoric, but I think we need a new voice, one of humility, friendship and service. We should teach people to believe in God because it will soften their hearts and make them more willing to serve." - Richard Bushman

mom3

Post by mom3 » 06 Apr 2019, 09:34

I am glad she isn't my mom.

mom3

Post by mom3 » 06 Apr 2019, 09:36

I will take her admission to not judge others as the plus point in the talk. To me that should be an over riding theme. I am going to keep a quote of this from her in my notes. Useful tool.

mom3

Post by mom3 » 06 Apr 2019, 09:40

Lost the feed.

Comment if you like

mom3

Post by mom3 » 06 Apr 2019, 09:46

Since I was late, I get the feeling Elder Soares talk was a keeper. That maybe the one we can use often.

mom3

Post by mom3 » 06 Apr 2019, 09:49

A kind talk about doing the best you can.

mom3

Post by mom3 » 06 Apr 2019, 09:52

I like the idea that we can pray and NOT get everything we want. I hope families who deal with imperfect circumstances. No matter what those circumstances are. I can find a million ways to apply this.

Christ Hymns coming up.

Then our favorite guy Uchtdorf.

mom3

Post by mom3 » 06 Apr 2019, 10:01

Airplane's and Uchtdorf - Classic.

Referencing Paul - using "The Early Day Saints" line.

"Before we bake a cake, throw confetti and congratulate ourselves"

Christian numbers are sinking. I am squinting about the topic he may be hinting at.

Missionary work??? Hmmm? I still love his voice.

He is talking about me. "Eyes closed in deep meditation" I don't have any of those issues. I just am not into proselytizing. In fairness to this topic he is over Missionaries. I do get it.

mom3

Post by mom3 » 06 Apr 2019, 10:12

Draw Close to God

Fill your heart with love for others - See others as Children of God, (tons of Good ideas) - I do do this. I just don't have an agenda beyond that.

Strive to walk the path to discipleship - This is where paths looks difference.

Sharing what is on your heart. "I am not asking you to stand on a street corner with a mega phone."

I love that he assumes the reason we aren't member missionaries is because we are shy or uncomfortable.

Oh, social media. Hmm, weren't we asked to take a break from that. A subtle Uchtdorf difference.

He really see's a more Christian church.

"Share in ways that seem natural and normal to you." Good I can go back and close my eyes in meditation.

"Don't pray for the missionaries to find the Elect" - Love this.

Amen "When we see others as how soon they will don a white jump suit and look for the nearest baptismal font - you are doing it wrong. "

Understand it is not your job to convert people. Your job is to live your life consistent to your beliefs. Your job is to love God and love Your Neighbors. Conversion belongs to the Holy Ghost.

Much good we can pull out of this for us. Not so much for converting people to the LDS church, but continuing relationships with our friends and family.

There was a meme in it about Love, Believe, Repeat.

He is a rockin' PR guy.