Is it possible to pay tithing without the bishopric/clerks seeing the amount?

Public forum for those seeking support for their experience in the LDS Church.
Roy

Re: Is it possible to pay tithing without the bishopric/clerks seeing the amount?

Post by Roy » 18 Mar 2019, 09:18

Good luck Tyler,

I hope that all goes well. I respect you and your efforts to provide for your small family. This is a noble quest.
"It is not so much the pain and suffering of life which crushes the individual as it is its meaninglessness and hopelessness." C. A. Elwood

“It is not the function of religion to answer all the questions about God’s moral government of the universe, but to give one courage, through faith, to go on in the face of questions he never finds the answer to in his present status.” TPC: Harold B. Lee 223

"I struggle now with establishing my faith that God may always be there, but may not always need to intervene" Heber13

lotsofgray

Re: Is it possible to pay tithing without the bishopric/clerks seeing the amount?

Post by lotsofgray » 18 Mar 2019, 18:51

You can pay “in-kind” tithing direct to salt lake and this includes cash if you like. Or securities or cars,boats,gulfstream jets — anything the church can sell. And you can tell your ward clerk or bishop you paid “in kind” to doc - they don’t get a record of it locally.

You can then say “I gave at the (hq) office” :).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk