Can We Just Get On With It

Public forum for those seeking support for their experience in the LDS Church.
PazamaManX

Re: Can We Just Get On With It

Post by PazamaManX » 18 Dec 2018, 16:08

DarkJedi wrote:
18 Dec 2018, 06:03

And it goes against the similar advice we received about not programmizing it. Guess your ward council didn't get, didn't read, or didn't understand the memo. But on the positive side, I'm fine if nobody contacts me all day. An hour and a half is a start, but if you really think about, the whole Sabbath is supposed to be sacred time.
That's pretty much my feelings on it. I like the idea of not being contacted. That's always a plus. The more of my Sunday I get to myself the better. At the same time, it's annoying that the ward council feels the need to "programize" it. But, at least everyone can enjoy their lunch undisturbed now.
DarkJedi wrote:
18 Dec 2018, 06:03

Related side note: there used to be a guy in our ward who would yell at you if you called him on Monday evening. He wouldn't answer the phone, mind you, but he'd yell at you later if you left a message (pre-caller ID days).
If it were me with a guy like that and with no caller Id, I would be a little too tempted to call but not leave a message. More than once. Just for the fun of it :twisted:
"Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call to her tribunal every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness, even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blindfolded fear." ~ Thomas Jefferson

hawkgrrrl
Site Admin

Post by hawkgrrrl » 18 Dec 2018, 16:28

I was conducting in RS last month, and I kept making the joke that we had "Only X more three hour block Sundays, so LIVE IT UP!" or "This time in a month we'll all be chillin' at home!"

SilentDawning

Post by SilentDawning » 19 Dec 2018, 08:11

I have been having trouble even going due to the three -hour block being such a drag. It's like everything is on hold until the two hour block starts.

I did meet with our SS president and told him I would get going on the teachers' council in January again.
"It doesn't have to be about the Church (church) all the time!" -- SD

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. No price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."

A man asked Jesus "do all roads lead to you?" Jesus responds,”most roads don’t lead anywhere, but I will travel any road to find you.” Adapted from The Shack, William Young