How can I help divorce?

Public forum for those seeking support for their experience in the LDS Church.
SamBee

Re: How can I help divorce?

Post by SamBee » 22 Dec 2018, 06:01

It's hard striking a balance. It's been wearing for me too. I will be going over there at Christmas.
DASH1730 "An Area Authority...[was] asked...who...would go to the Telestial kingdom. His answer: "murderers, adulterers and a lot of surprised Mormons!"'
1ST PRES 1978 "[LDS] believe...there is truth in many religions and philosophies...good and great religious leaders... have raised the spiritual, moral, and ethical awareness of their people. When we speak of The [LDS] as the only true church...it is...authorized to administer the ordinances...by Jesus Christ... we do not mean... it is the only teacher of truth."

Heber13

Post by Heber13 » 29 Dec 2018, 01:53

How did it go?
Luke: "Why didn't you tell me? You told me Vader betrayed and murdered my father."
Obi-Wan: "Your father... was seduced by the dark side of the Force. He ceased to be Anakin Skywalker and became Darth Vader. When that happened, the good man who was your father was destroyed. So what I told you was true... from a certain point of view."
Luke: "A certain point of view?"
Obi-Wan: "Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to...depend greatly on our point of view."

SamBee

Post by SamBee » 29 Dec 2018, 12:12

Heber13 wrote:
29 Dec 2018, 01:53
How did it go?
Very well thanks. I insisted that a) we watched a couple of comedies and b) we didn't discuss the divorce over Christmas Day (because he talks about it most of the time). He agreed, and we had a good day. We had a mutual friend along as well, who has helped him out a lot recently.

It also helped that he got to visit with his children again a few days before.

I'm actually very optimistic about him. Obviously Christmas was going to be a major bend in the road we had to negotiate and he seems to have got through it very well.

He has the legal process coming up which won't be fun but I think he is doing very well.
DASH1730 "An Area Authority...[was] asked...who...would go to the Telestial kingdom. His answer: "murderers, adulterers and a lot of surprised Mormons!"'
1ST PRES 1978 "[LDS] believe...there is truth in many religions and philosophies...good and great religious leaders... have raised the spiritual, moral, and ethical awareness of their people. When we speak of The [LDS] as the only true church...it is...authorized to administer the ordinances...by Jesus Christ... we do not mean... it is the only teacher of truth."

Heber13

Post by Heber13 » 30 Dec 2018, 12:34

The holidays are some of the trickiest times to navigate.

The joke my kids and I used to lighten the mood was to quote the Ricky Bobbie movie when they are going to get a divorce and the kids yell "Woohoo ... 2 Christmases!!!!" :lol:

They have one Christmas with each parent. It's hard on the kids but they survive it. The key is to focus on kids' needs first and it works out.
Luke: "Why didn't you tell me? You told me Vader betrayed and murdered my father."
Obi-Wan: "Your father... was seduced by the dark side of the Force. He ceased to be Anakin Skywalker and became Darth Vader. When that happened, the good man who was your father was destroyed. So what I told you was true... from a certain point of view."
Luke: "A certain point of view?"
Obi-Wan: "Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to...depend greatly on our point of view."