Letting Go

Public forum for those seeking support for their experience in the LDS Church.
LDS_Scoutmaster

Re: Letting Go

Post by LDS_Scoutmaster » 09 May 2018, 21:55

LookingHard wrote:
09 May 2018, 18:56
I have found the stages are not like opening a door, moving into another room, then closing the door. For me it is much more like waves. I feel peace for a while and assume I am so great because I am sure I am solidly in stage 5 (pat myself on the back), then a wave crashes down on me and everything is all a jumbled mess for a while. Then I finally surface and I go through it again. I just wish I had a surfboard and this might be fun instead of gut wrenching.
You've just articulated how I've felt about my faith evolution. 😀 There is no solidity, faith is a constant state of flux.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6311&start=70#p121051 My last talk

We are all imperfect beings, dealing with other imperfect beings, and we're doing it imperfectly.

DarkJedi

Re: Letting Go

Post by DarkJedi » 10 May 2018, 15:08

LDS_Scoutmaster wrote:
09 May 2018, 21:55
LookingHard wrote:
09 May 2018, 18:56
I have found the stages are not like opening a door, moving into another room, then closing the door. For me it is much more like waves. I feel peace for a while and assume I am so great because I am sure I am solidly in stage 5 (pat myself on the back), then a wave crashes down on me and everything is all a jumbled mess for a while. Then I finally surface and I go through it again. I just wish I had a surfboard and this might be fun instead of gut wrenching.
You've just articulated how I've felt about my faith evolution. 😀 There is no solidity, faith is a constant state of flux.
:thumbup: To all the above.
In the absence of knowledge or faith there is always hope.

Once there was a gentile...who came before Hillel. He said "Convert me on the condition that you teach me the whole Torah while I stand on one foot." Hillel converted him, saying: That which is despicable to you, do not do to your fellow, this is the whole Torah, and the rest is commentary, go and learn it."

My Introduction