Complete This Sentence: Life Is too Short . . .

Public forum for those seeking support for their experience in the LDS Church.
Curt Sunshine
Site Admin

Complete This Sentence: Life Is too Short . . .

Post by Curt Sunshine » 03 May 2018, 17:11

. . . to be angry at yourself (or others) for being human.
I see through my glass, darkly - as I play my saxophone in harmony with the other instruments in God's orchestra. (h/t Elder Joseph Wirthlin)

Even if people view many things differently, the core Gospel principles (LOVE; belief in the unseen but hoped; self-reflective change; symbolic cleansing; striving to recognize the will of the divine; never giving up) are universal.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken

SamBee

Re: Complete This Sentence: Life Is too Short . . .

Post by SamBee » 03 May 2018, 17:46

Life is too short, but youth is shorter.
DASH1730 "An Area Authority...[was] asked...who...would go to the Telestial kingdom. His answer: "murderers, adulterers and a lot of surprised Mormons!"'
1ST PRES 1978 "[LDS] believe...there is truth in many religions and philosophies...good and great religious leaders... have raised the spiritual, moral, and ethical awareness of their people. When we speak of The [LDS] as the only true church...it is...authorized to administer the ordinances...by Jesus Christ... we do not mean... it is the only teacher of truth."

Minyan Man

Post by Minyan Man » 03 May 2018, 20:26

Period.

mom3

Post by mom3 » 03 May 2018, 20:31

for skipping out on opportunities.
"I stayed because it was God and Jesus Christ that I wanted to follow and be like, not individual human beings." Chieko Okazaki Dialogue interview

"I am coming to envision a new persona for the Church as humble followers of Jesus Christ....Joseph and his early followers came forth with lots of triumphalist rhetoric, but I think we need a new voice, one of humility, friendship and service. We should teach people to believe in God because it will soften their hearts and make them more willing to serve." - Richard Bushman

dande48

Post by dande48 » 04 May 2018, 05:52

"...to ride this Coaster. Maybe when you're older. Where are your parents, anyways?"

But in more seriousness,
"...for those who stop taking wonder at and appreciating the little things."
Fyodor Dostoevsky wrote:"What if life were given back to me – what infinity! And it would all be mine. Then I’d turn a whole minute into an age. I'd lose nothing. I'd recon up every minute separately. I'd let nothing be wasted!"
"The whole world is a comedy to those that think, a tragedy to those that feel." - Horace Walpole

"Even though there are no ways of knowing for sure, there are ways of knowing for pretty sure."
-Lemony Snicket

AmyJ

Post by AmyJ » 09 May 2018, 07:50

Life is too Short to put the opinions of what others think you should do/be over your own opinion of what you should do/be or are willing to do/be.

Roy

Post by Roy » 09 May 2018, 08:36

to fail to express your love to those that matter.
"It is not so much the pain and suffering of life which crushes the individual as it is its meaninglessness and hopelessness." C. A. Elwood

“It is not the function of religion to answer all the questions about God’s moral government of the universe, but to give one courage, through faith, to go on in the face of questions he never finds the answer to in his present status.” TPC: Harold B. Lee 223

"I struggle now with establishing my faith that God may always be there, but may not always need to intervene" Heber13

LDS_Scoutmaster

Post by LDS_Scoutmaster » 09 May 2018, 22:03

...to see imperfection and expect perfection.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6311&start=70#p121051 My last talk

We are all imperfect beings, dealing with other imperfect beings, and we're doing it imperfectly.

SilentDawning

Post by SilentDawning » 13 May 2018, 09:40

to invest your time in things that don't bring happiness.
"It doesn't have to be about the Church (church) all the time!" -- SD

"Stage 5 is where you no longer believe the gospel as its literally or traditionally taught. Nonetheless, you find your own way to be active and at peace within it". -- SD

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. No price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."

My introduction: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1576