Who & what to believe

Public forum for those seeking support for their experience in the LDS Church.
Minyan Man

Re: Who & what to believe

Post by Minyan Man » 11 Apr 2018, 12:21

I am currently reading The Jefferson Bible. He took the four gospels from the NT & tried to define what really believed.
Thomas Jefferson states the following in the Preface:
Say nothing of my religion. It is known to my God and myself alone. Its evidence before the world is to be sought in my life; if that has
been honest and dutiful to society, the religion which has regulated it can not be a bad one.
The older I get the more my beliefs fit this statement.

On Own Now

Re: Who & what to believe

Post by On Own Now » 11 Apr 2018, 13:17

Minyan Man wrote:
11 Apr 2018, 12:21
I am currently reading The Jefferson Bible. He took the four gospels from the NT & tried to define what really believed.
Thomas Jefferson states the following in the Preface:
Say nothing of my religion. It is known to my God and myself alone. Its evidence before the world is to be sought in my life; if that has
been honest and dutiful to society, the religion which has regulated it can not be a bad one.
The older I get the more my beliefs fit this statement.
Thanks, MM. I like that a lot. Reminds me of this from Paul: "The faith that you have, have as your own conviction before God. --Romans 14 NRSV"
"Let us therefore no longer pass judgment on one another, but resolve instead never to put a stumbling block or hindrance in the way of another." --Romans 14:13