Gay Rights & the state of Utah

Public forum for those seeking support for their experience in the LDS Church.
Minyan Man

Gay Rights & the state of Utah

Post by Minyan Man »

This is an article & movie trailer my son sent me. I thought it was interesting & fits some of the topics we discuss.
http://www.kzoo.edu/news/gay-marriage-documentary/

One of the featured interviews was given by an Associate (Mormon) Professor from Kalamazoo College.
My son works at this college too. FWIW
Roy

Re: Gay Rights & the state of Utah

Post by Roy »

Cool stuff. Thanks for sharing.
"It is not so much the pain and suffering of life which crushes the individual as it is its meaninglessness and hopelessness." C. A. Elwood

“It is not the function of religion to answer all the questions about God’s moral government of the universe, but to give one courage, through faith, to go on in the face of questions he never finds the answer to in his present status.” TPC: Harold B. Lee 223

"I struggle now with establishing my faith that God may always be there, but may not always need to intervene" Heber13
Old-Timer
Site Admin

Re: Gay Rights & the state of Utah

Post by Old-Timer »

Thank you.
I see through my glass, darkly - as I play my saxophone in harmony with the other instruments in God's orchestra. (h/t Elder Joseph Wirthlin)

Even if people view many things differently, the core Gospel principles (LOVE; belief in the unseen but hoped; self-reflective change; symbolic cleansing; striving to recognize the will of the divine; never giving up) are universal.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken