Coming Back into Church after Name Removal when Things went not well

Public forum for those seeking support for their experience in the LDS Church.
SilentDawning

Re: Coming Back into Church after Name Removal when Things went not well

Post by SilentDawning » 17 Jan 2018, 13:15

Roy wrote:
16 Jan 2018, 12:52
Also in the church we have a model where members are expected to covert based on a testimony of the truthfulness of the work and then endure unpleasantness because of that testimony. My Elder's Quorum President has repeatedly said that he would rather be outside in nature on Sundays but he feels constrained by his duty to attend church. Church is openly acknowledged to be unpleasant.
Truer words have not been spoken! It always seems to be the members' fault if they go inactive or have loyalty problems -- rarely if ever the church. And they rarely apologize either.
If you come back to activity, I think it would be smart to expect that the church (globally and locally) will probably not change very much. A large part of the burden for integrating yourself in the ward will fall squarely on your shoulders. Want a calling? ask for one. Want to bless or pass sacrament? ask for it. Want home teachers? Ask for them (With the understanding that they will probably not show up 99% of the time). Want to know people? Introduce yourself and make conversation.
Right, and don't expect excellence in executing your requests either, by the local leaders. The church is very much an exercise in patience in many Wards with our unpaid local ministry, and a limited pool of people who often/sometimes are acting out of duty rather than passion for their calling.
Even after doing everything in your power, there will likely still be frustration and personal tension/conflict. I have learned to live with that frustration. I use several coping mechanisms to help me deal with it. I stay because I still believe that the good offered by the church to myself and my family is greater than the bad and frustrating parts. I believe that to be a personal decision and analysis that can be different for every individual person.
Good advice -- we all have our ways of coping. I have learned to accept a certain amount of mediocrity, not to WANT anything from the church, and to reduce my commitment to match the indifference to excellence I see in our local wards. But that often takes self-discipline and posting here to work through it...
"It doesn't have to be about the Church (church) all the time!" -- SD

"Stage 5 is where you no longer believe the gospel as its literally or traditionally taught. Nonetheless, you find your own way to be active and at peace within it". -- SD

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. No price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."

My introduction: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1576

bgoekhan

Post by bgoekhan » 18 Jan 2018, 03:19

Thank you for the many responses you wrote here.

Well , im just curious about why some outsider from other Christian Faiths or even an Moslem or Jew and especially Non-Believing People would have then the desire to get baptised to Our Church when there especially mayn christian churches outside where they maybe will integrated better.
Especially they asked me because of my Turkish roots how they can Mission Turks or Moslems, and my response is always the same
There are plenty different thought of view what a Turk learned in his life.
When someone makes a Sin nobody runs to the Imam (moslem counterpart to an Bishop) and asks for repentance, they would even criticize mostly the Imam that he should not get into personal matters, Repentace for Turks and moslems espeically are between God and them.

Now explain me how I should tell an moslem who will eventually Join our Church when he makes an Sin he must talk to the Bishop and repent and would maybe get "punished" by the bishop, those will get out of Church very fast
Yes, even I have plenty problems, last Week I have got diagnosed an Bipolar Disorder, so that makes it even more Hard to come back, but I will give my best even when I dont see the Light at the end of the way

Roy

Post by Roy » 18 Jan 2018, 12:40

bgoekhan wrote:
18 Jan 2018, 03:19
Well , im just curious about why some outsider from other Christian Faiths or even an Moslem or Jew and especially Non-Believing People would have then the desire to get baptised to Our Church when there especially mayn christian churches outside where they maybe will integrated better.
People join the church because they believe it to be the one true way (or most true way) to heavenly reward. The expectation is that you would slowly abandon previous traditions and cultural practices and slowly adopt LDS "gospel culture" traditions and cultural practices.

The Jehovah's Witness church is similar. My observation is that it is a high sacrifice church. The expectation is that you will be willing to give up all things to gain the approval of God. In my observation the JW church is more extreme in this expectation than the LDS.
"It is not so much the pain and suffering of life which crushes the individual as it is its meaninglessness and hopelessness." C. A. Elwood

“It is not the function of religion to answer all the questions about God’s moral government of the universe, but to give one courage, through faith, to go on in the face of questions he never finds the answer to in his present status.” TPC: Harold B. Lee 223

"I struggle now with establishing my faith that God may always be there, but may not always need to intervene" Heber13

SamBee

Post by SamBee » 21 Jan 2018, 11:36

bgoekhan wrote:
When someone makes a Sin nobody runs to the Imam (moslem counterpart to an Bishop) and asks for repentance, they would even criticize mostly the Imam that he should not get into personal matters, Repentace for Turks and moslems espeically are between God and them.
In Christianity, it depends on the church. In Protestant churches, repentance is generally between God and them, but they have church discipline for extreme cases. In Roman Catholic churches, you have to tell the priest everything, in much more detail than the LDS.

But in Islam, there is sharia law and certain things can b punished, depending on the denomination.
bgoekhan wrote:
Again, depends on the church. There are churches which are a lot less friendly than ours, and some which are friendlier.

But in many churches, it depends who is with you locally. Some LDS wards are easier to live in than others.
DASH1730 "An Area Authority...[was] asked...who...would go to the Telestial kingdom. His answer: "murderers, adulterers and a lot of surprised Mormons!"'
1ST PRES 1978 "[LDS] believe...there is truth in many religions and philosophies...good and great religious leaders... have raised the spiritual, moral, and ethical awareness of their people. When we speak of The [LDS] as the only true church...it is...authorized to administer the ordinances...by Jesus Christ... we do not mean... it is the only teacher of truth."